Some "inside" Valve info from someone at HL2Fallout (one word: snarks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is deffinitely bullshit, they've known for a very long time that the hl series would be in three parts, so they must have been thinking of ways to fit the story in for many years, so this guy is either a liar or a moron. And what is this guys job anyway, does he deliver the sandwiches to the actual developers or something?

I suspect bull****

Cause then valve would be lying when they said marc had an entire half-life bible and all that.

They totally know what's going to happen, maybe they leave some room open for expansion packs while planning but when they start to finish the game then they close those holes so they know exactly what they will be doing next.

headcrap plushes eh? 'mommy mommy I want meh headcrab!"

Well, with no verification, a second hand-second hand post in another forum, and everyone complaining about it/flaming/flaming spam, going around in circles all saying the same thing over and over like a broken record- Closed :)

Nice one bliink :)

Just to say though that I've had confirmation from Marc Laidlaw that it's fake, surprise surprise...

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 12:54 PM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: Real or fake?

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

* Yes, indeed there are mini 'episodes' in the works to progress the Half Life story
* VALVe really does have a 6 foot, gold-plated crowbar in it's main office area, it's NOT a Photoshopified image
* Headcrab plush toys will actually soon be a product on the gamer's market along with action figures
* More Deathmatch maps are on the way, including some remakes of past classic maps
* Snarks may make another appearance as multiplayer weapons/traps
and
* Yes, there will be a patch/update coming soon that will add a cheat to the current repitoir that will spawn or give you the modded, blue grav-gun without having to glitch the game...

...but the news that tops it all...

* The G-Man doesn't work for anybody...yet. Meaning the writters don't even know yet. The story is SO incomplete, even thus far that we've only BEGUN the HalfLife story. Nothing beyond that of HL3 has been written or even thought of yet and it's likely there will be as high as HL6 before anything brought to a close.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

I dunno, just seems really doubtful if you ask me.

Yes, fake. Not sure if this is purported to come from someone here, but the "writters" part pretty much gives it away. It should be "writter." (From Marc Laidlaw)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back