Some more Ocarina of Time 3DS info

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of this was already known but just to catch everyone up:
  • 3DS gyroscope integrated into controls. You can tilt the 3DS to aim your slingshot in first person mode. This can be turned off.
  • It includes the Masterquest, an alternative storymode with the temples replaced with more difficult versions (though apparently the Water Temple is easier) that originally came with the special edition of Wind Waker.
  • This version of Masterquest is mirrored. Link is right handed and everything is flipped over to make it a little disorientating to add to the challenge.
  • In the Masterquest all enemies (including bosses) deal double damage.
  • There's a new in-game hints system called "visions" that show you little clips of where you need to go and what you need to do for people who are stuck without telling you explicitly.
  • There's a boss replay mode. Just go to Link's house and you can replay any of the boss fights. It also records your best time. There is of course also a boss rush mode.
  • Water Temple has been made less infuriating by the addition of coloured lines on the walls leading you the switches to change the water level and the ability to change boots without accessing the menu.
  • Footage on Japanese website showing off the Masterquest apparently shows an area not included in any previous version of the game. It features child Link in a room with walls similar to those of the Forest Temple (which child Link cannot access). Speculation

Link.

YjDge.jpg

GH3FW.jpg

If anyone has a 3DS and hasn't played the original Ocarina of Time I'd highly recommend getting this when it comes out.

I am going to pick this up on release day. My 3DS has functionally been a paperweight in the month since I got it because there are no games really worth playing. I'm really, really looking forward to this though... almost as much as I'm looking forward to Starfox 3DS.

It's been quite some time since I played through all of OoT... probably 10 years (although I did play through the first half or so of the game semi-recently). Can't wait to get back in there. I would buy all of the great old N64 platformers if they remake them... Banjo Kazooie, Donkey Kong 64, etc.

Can't wait :)

You tried Shadow Wars, Ennui? Tis well worth a play if you like turn based stuff. I'm 20hrs in and about 1/3 of the way through the campaign. Haven't started the challenges yet.

Why is he using the master sword against dark link? Biggoron sword is far superior for that fight.

Why is he using the master sword against dark link? Biggoron sword is far superior for that fight.
Perhaps for the challenge?

New video (narrated in German and filmed over a guy's shoulder unfortunately). Shows off the start of the game, the first person motion control (which looks really cool) and the Temple of Time which has gotten a major upgrade:
Ocarina Die Timen

Looks nice, but can someone explain to me what the purpose of gyroscopic motion controls are on a device that requires you to be viewing the screen at a certain angle at all times?

I thought it was reliant on distance, not angle.

Back