Some more photorealistic Human Renderings...

J

jstaros

Greetings all. I've been lurking around these woods for a few months now, digesting scraps of your hl2 media links, discussions, and tidbits. Thanks for the free meals :cheers:

On to the point of this thread....

Not too long ago there was a discussion on photorealistic human renderings and, of course, the implications for the immersive games of tomorrow. Ten minutes ago I stumbled upon this stunning Japanese cg chick, rendered with 3ds max and Brazil. My hat goes off to the people at Bean Magic.

http://www.beans-magic.com/gallery-data2/cs4image_a.jpg

http://www.beans-magic.com/new-cg4.html

http://www.splutterfish.com/sf/sf_gen_page.php3?printer=1&page=beans

Attachments

• mamegal.jpg
    mamegal.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 656
Another one

Attachments

• mamegal_2003_a.jpg
    mamegal_2003_a.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 645
Nice find. I love photorealistic renderings, especially humans cos they're so damn hard to model convincingly. Keep 'em coming.

Why oh why does she have hairy armpits. And basically you can look up anything that has to do with hardware assisted raytracing and the machines which can do it in real time and you can find more photo-realistic pics

here's two more awesome ones. I can't remember where I got them :(

jun1.jpg

jun2.jpg

Wow thats incredible, they look like real people. I would have mistaked the gladiator pics for the real thing!

Originally posted by reever2
Why oh why does she have hairy armpits. And basically you can look up anything that has to do with hardware assisted raytracing and the machines which can do it in real time and you can find more photo-realistic pics

post some dude

Amazing pictures, I would only guess how much time it takes to make something like that. But is it me or does she looks too perfect?

i don't think they would use ray tracing in those models, unless they are rendering reflextions in the eyes.

Hmm, Russell Crowe looks too real, are you sure that's a render?

Russel Crowe just looked photoshoped onto background...amazing what people believe these days

..for the jap girl renderings..ooh yeah it takes our home pc's probably a few hours to render that..far of such quality in games...

we'll see that first in cinema..

Cinema can’t survive without real actors. There is no way PC created characters will ever be able to act like humans, may only look like one.

Cinema can’t survive without real actors. There is no way PC created characters will ever be able to act like humans, may only look like one
and ppl never thought a single processor could ever hit 1ghz

I wanna see models like that in games :)

Any idea how long it might take .. 5 years? 10 years?

Yes, I can give you example that everybody thought back in the days that Earth was flat. But it is bad example. Humans are too complex to be simulated.

Okay, I take it back, Keanu Reeves can be simulated with ease in the next Matrix.

the doubling rate of card speed is going to be happening for at least 2 more years for sure after that i don't know. ray tracing and complex lighting are a few at least 3 years ahead but you never know 5- 10 years i can definitly see that kind of quality. as well as almost paper thin monitors.

Okay, I take it back, Keanu Reeves can be simulated with ease in the next Matrix.
lol.. actually I thought it was a good example... what we doubt the most will become reality in the future, unless you've never read history

the Russle Crowe ones ARE rendered, I do alot of 3D art, and can spot some errors, however it is some of the best I've ever seen.

the second one is MUCH better then the first I might add

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I wanna see models like that in games :)

Any idea how long it might take .. 5 years? 10 years?
OMG that would be awesome. I'm guess in about 3-4 years we might see that stuff in games. Source Engine 2.0, Half Life 3

/me drools.

Originally posted by Yo-Han
Russel Crowe just looked photoshoped onto background...amazing what people believe these days
If you look at his hand on the sword in the second picture you can see it looks like he didn't wrap the fingers around the hilt, that gives it away as CG. Deffinately nice.

Originally posted by Yo-Han
..for the jap girl renderings..ooh yeah it takes our home pc's probably a few hours to render that..far of such quality in games...
It could take a home computer days to render things like that Japanese girl.

Here is some nice work to look at if you like Lord of the rings.
http://leigh.cgcommunity.com/gallery.htm#

Originally posted by Jager
OMG that would be awesome. I'm guess in about 3-4 years we might see that stuff in games. Source Engine 2.0, Half Life 3

/me drools.

LOL, if somebody showed me HL2 graphics 5 years ago I would have just laughed and said that that isn't gona be available until 2020.

Very impressive render of Japanese girl, for a static model.

Would be more impressive if they could give her some realistic 3d motion and life-like facial expressions, as Valve has done for for G-man and Alyx.

I want to see her shake her ass and flash a naughty smile!:cheese:

actually i think its possible now.

remember when they said they toned down the quality of the faces because of the low quality clothes?

the real limitation is the average gamer's system, which is probably one of the reasons d3 wont be out for a while.

well, that and because theyre not done with it yet :p

Originally posted by XtAkm4p
actually i think its possible now.

remember when they said they toned down the quality of the faces because of the low quality clothes?

the real limitation is the average gamer's system, which is probably one of the reasons d3 wont be out for a while.

well, that and because theyre not done with it yet :p

I think iD is done with D3. So probably the first reason is true, that most computers are too slow to run it, if you think about it.

The Doom 3 levels have relatively simple design and architecture. Not much real-world detail and objects within the D3 levels. Just high-res textures make it look good. But the level design in Doom 3 is very simple and the environments are very small. On the other hand, HL2 levels are vast and contain huge amount of detail and objects.

For example in the dock level scene alone you have a level that contains many detailed buildings in the background, a 3D model of a sunken ship, animated water, flying birds complete with chirping, shipyard cranes, even telephone poles complete with swires swaying in the breeze! And of course the enemy zombies. The list goes on and on!

What does the typical D3 level look like? Well you have your four walls, a floor, a ceiling and some enemies. Thats basically it.

How much time and work does it take to make a Doom 3 level vs a HL2 level?? So why would it take so so much longer to make a game like D3 that doesn't even have half the content of HL2??

Anyone care to speculate?

Originally posted by chili pepper
I think iD is done with D3. So probably the first reason is true, that most computers are too slow to run it, if you think about it.

The Doom 3 levels have relatively simple design and architecture. Not much real-world detail and objects within the D3 levels. Just high-res textures make it look good. But the level design in Doom 3 is very simple and the environments are very small. On the other hand, HL2 levels are vast and contain huge amount of detail and objects.

For example in the dock level scene alone you have a level that contains many detailed buildings in the background, a 3D model of a sunken ship, animated water, flying birds complete with chirping, shipyard cranes, even telephone poles complete with swires swaying in the breeze! And of course the enemy zombies. The list goes on and on!

What does the typical D3 level look like? Well you have your four walls, a floor, a ceiling and some enemies. Thats basically it.

How much time and work does it take to make a Doom 3 level vs a HL2 level?? So why would it take so so much longer to make a game like D3 that doesn't even have half the content of HL2??

Anyone care to speculate?

Well, D3 has extremely detailed levels, and although you don't see large levels at all times, every part of the different levels are extremely well designed.

Bigger is not always better, and bigger does not always mean 'longer time used'

The ears on the russel crow cloeup give it away. It is still very good IMO.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
A monkey could act on a par with Keanu Reeves.

With the new 64 bit processors coming out in a few months and the way ram has been dropping in price, you can easily imagine having as much as double or triple the processing power you have now in 3 years. Should be funny to see.

Could someone please explain to me the deal with 64-bit processors? Sorry, I know it's off topic...

Why couldn't they get the guy who did the models (Kim Hyung) to do that Burly Brawl scene in the Matrix Reloaded. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER!

Back