Some nice moves

I am learning to do that. Martial art tricking. I've only been able to do the tornado kick. But I'm learning the aerial( cartwheel without hands) and some other moves (butterfly twist, double leg and back tuck).

I been into martial arts for a long long time...

I allways wanted to learn some of the fancy show off stuff tho...
But most of my training has been for self defence. I have done mainly practical martial arts, for example Muay Thai (Thai kick boxing (Think kick boxing but about 1000 times more brutal))

I also done: Tai Kwon do (Useless in a fight the way I learn it..), Judo (Great for close quarters take downs... as its all throws and strangles), Ju Jit Su (Great against one apponent... useless against several) and then various other aspects from my brother who also does martial arts (For example.. Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Kung Fu, some others stuff...)

But I still love gymnastics stuff. :)

I can the very very basics atm; cart wheels, arab springs, handsprings, one handed cart wheels (Not got the guts to try no handed yet...)

I want to learn a back sumasault too... but again.. I need to build some nerve first... :p

Anyone else here into martial arts/gymnastics?

*oh and before I forget, I forget who but one of the mods has host site where there is a video called "Martial Arts Magic"

If you were impressed with the video in this thread... Go download that video now. Its absolutely incredible... (Think matrix wall running :))

marksmanHL2 :) said:
I been into martial arts for a long long time...

I allways wanted to learn some of the fancy show off stuff tho...
But most of my training has been for self defence. I have done mainly practical martial arts, for example Muay Thai (Thai kick boxing (Think kick boxing but about 1000 times more brutal))

I also done: Tai Kwon do (Useless in a fight the way I learn it..), Judo (Great for close quarters take downs... as its all throws and strangles), Ju Jit Su (Great against one apponent... useless against several) and then various other aspects from my brother who also does martial arts (For example.. Wing Chun, Jeet Kun Do, Kung Fu, some others stuff...)

But I still love gymnastics stuff. :)

I can the very very basics atm; cart wheels, arab springs, handsprings, one handed cart wheels (Not got the guts to try no handed yet...)

I want to learn a back sumasault too... but again.. I need to build some nerve first... :p

Anyone else here into martial arts/gymnastics?

*oh and before I forget, I forget who but one of the mods has host site where there is a video called "Martial Arts Magic"

If you were impressed with the video in this thread... Go download that video now. Its absolutely incredible... (Think matrix wall running :))
I am into martial arts/gymnastics. I am doing Hapkido right now and I plan to move into recreational gymnastics and I might go to China to learn martial arts. Then I plan to do some martial art tricking. I've been inspired by Team Ryouko.

Tredoslop said:
I am into martial arts/gymnastics. I am doing Hapkido right now and I plan to move into recreational gymnastics and I might go to China to learn martial arts. Then I plan to do some martial art tricking. I've been inspired by Team Ryouko.

Thats the one.. Ryouko... Couldnt remember the name.. (I am right in thinking those are the guys in the video I mentioned right?) :p

And I allways wanted to do recreational gymnastics... but never got the chance. Its a pitty really because there was a international standard gym near where I used to live. :(

Aww well, I'll have to just learn the hard way... with lots of bumps and bruses... :cheers: :eek:

marksmanHL2 :) said:
Thats the one.. Ryouko... Couldnt remember the name.. (I am right in thinking those are the guys in the video I mentioned right?) :p

And I allways wanted to do recreational gymnastics... but never got the chance. Its a pitty really because there was a international standard gym near where I used to live. :(

Aww well, I'll have to just learn the hard way... with lots of bumps and bruses... :cheers: :eek:
Ryouko kicks ass. And anyways... I can show you how to do a no-handed aerial. Just PM me if you want.

That would be sweet mate, I appreciate it. :)

But maybe later.. I dont know what time it is where you're at but its 1.15am here! :LOL:

I'll keep it in minds though. :)

what about breakdancing?

*does free handed head spin*

Are those hl2.net members posting those, or did yall guys just steal their avatars?

Badhat im not sure the mods want you posting a link of that site on the forums, iv been told off about it before.

"Martial arts tricks" are mainly for impressing friends and scoring with chicks. They certainly have nothing to with unarmed combat.

Jammydodger said:
Badhat im not sure the mods want you posting a link of that site on the forums, iv been told off about it before.

It redirects to the main page when I click the original link anyway :p

Back