Votes: 102 40.3%
  • Major CS:S Update

Votes: 23 9.1%
  • No clue what it means....

Votes: 60 23.7%

• Total voters

M1RAG3

Reaction score
If you look at this: Steam Usage one will notice that the available bandwidth has gone from 5000 mbps to 10000 mbps to now 15000 mbps. So based upon this I have come up with a poll. Here are your choices:

1. HL2 Release!

2. HL2 Gone Gold!

3. HL2 Preload Update!

4. Major CSS Update.

5. No clue what that means...

Well it definitely means something is coming up. The graph shows the max bandwith around 9K-10K not 15K.

It is odd that all Valve has to do to get people excited is to up their bandwith.

It used to be around 4,000Mbps now it is 8,300.00Mbps they have upgraded all their servers to 100Mbps so something is coming up really soon, I'm sure it's HL2 going gold. ;)

Its certainly in preporation for HL2's release, but it doesnt mean thats gonna happen soon.

mirageacg said:
If you look at this: Steam Usage one will notice that the available bandwidth has gone from 5000 mbps to 10000 mbps to now 15000 mbps.

Hmm, it says:

Bandwidth Available: max 9,750 Mbps

Still 10000 mbps ;)

That kind of bandwidth is not cheap. They wouldn't be doing it for nothing.

That said I'll supress any excitement for now.

yep, they hiked it up to 9750 not too long ago at all. I'd say something big will happen any time now... NOW! aw...

to whoever posted above - yes, lets more than double our bandwidth for no apprent reason. yep, nothing will happen. I'm guessing an update for ricochet... ;D

CB | Para said:
Hmm, it says:

Bandwidth Available: max 9,750 Mbps

Still 10000 mbps ;)

Look at the top of the chart... the MAXIMUM available, not the current max that it is at, but the total maximum possible is 15000 mbps.

If they are doing a big upload for tonight i doubt that they will do a announcement seeing as that would just flood their servers.

The top of the chart isn't the max. If that were true, it would've been a mere 8000 yesterday for the max. it's dynamic, not static.

Ok, ok, the ceiling, whatever you want to call it, but basically if needed they can goto 15000 mbps at a moments notice.

some peeps are just dumb and dont understand what your saying mate lol. so yes i noticed it as well the maximum going to 15kmbps what this means no one knows for now.

blahblahblah said:
I wish I had a 15000 mbps intarw3b connection. ;(

that would be useless.
since there aren't any servers that fast.
wich means you will never download at full speed ;)

just imagine if it would get released friday on steam. That would gonna be one weekend ;)

tEd said:
just imagine if it would get released friday on steam. That would gonna be one weekend ;)

Well it certainly wouldn't be two weekends...

where is the "STOP POSTING STUPID ****ING TOPICS" option?

zer0kewl said:
that would be useless.
since there aren't any servers that fast.
wich means you will never download at full speed ;)

but he could download from a shitload of fast servers all at once and gobble up all their bw

impunity said:
where is the "STOP POSTING STUPID ****ING TOPICS" option?

It's the same one you used to turn on your computer. Press it again.

mirageacg said:
1. HL2 Release!

2. HL2 Gone Gold!

3. HL2 Preload Update!

4. Major CSS Update.

5. No clue what that means...

Are you people being paid to post stupid topics or what?

HL2 release? Yeah sure, they are just going to say "oh and the games out now, go grab it" without any warning.

Gone Gold? Why would they need to increase steam bandwidth for that right now. Noone can download it, because gold just means the disks can now be printed.

Preload update/CS update? Probably. Wow. People are using more bandwidth, so they are increasing it. WOOOOOOOWWW this was worth posting about!

impunity, you have repeatedly disobeyed warnings. Flaming is unacceptable.

*Banned*

mirageacg said:
Ok, ok, the ceiling, whatever you want to call it, but basically if needed they can goto 15000 mbps at a moments notice.
No, you obviously don't understand how a graph works. That 15000 is there because it's the next notch on the scale.

urseus said:
HL2 release? Yeah sure, they are just going to say "oh and the games out now, go grab it" without any warning.

Yes, it is called a silent release. And it is entirely possible, but that is just speculation, who knows what Valve is up to...

Xtapolapocetl said:
No, you obviously don't understand how a graph works. That 15000 is there because it's the next notch on the scale.

Wrong

"We have the option of increasing that to 14 Gbps with a phone call (admittedly a really expensive phone call)" - Gabe

urseus said:
Are you people being paid to post stupid topics or what?

Gone Gold? Why would they need to increase steam bandwidth for that right now. Noone can download it, because gold just means the disks can now be printed.

Preload update/CS update? Probably. Wow. People are using more bandwidth, so they are increasing it. WOOOOOOOWWW this was worth posting about!

of course going gold alone wouldn't justify to increase the bandwith but going gold would also mean all content is done which could mean a second preload phase plus the anouncement of gold would probably lead to even more people wanna preloading hl2

And it is entirely possible, but that is just speculation, who knows what Valve is up to...
Wouldnt it be leaked somehow. They would need to keep way too many people quiet for this to work.

tEd said:
of course going gold alone wouldn't justify to increase the bandwith but going gold would also mean all content is done which could mean a second preload phase plus the anouncement of gold would probably lead to even more people wanna preloading hl2

EXACTLY! That is the point I was trying to get at! Well said tEd!

---***---*=*^*=*---***---​

seinfeldrules said:
Wouldnt it be leaked somehow. They would need to keep way too many people quiet for this to work.

What you mean like all the people that work for Valve, whose job is immediately terminated and blackmarked for breaking the NDA...

What you mean like all the people that work for Valve, whose job is immediately terminated and blackmarked for breaking the NDA...

No, like the people who make the CDs and stock the shelves in Best Buy.

Hmmm, nice find Snowknight26, very interesting... please let it also be HL2!

---***---*=*^*=*---***---​

seinfeldrules said:
No, like the people who make the CDs and stock the shelves in Best Buy.

And how exactly do you tink they find out, from Valve. So let's say Valve has a lockdown on all outgoing info... how would retailers and such know more, or anything at all?

So let's say Valve has a lockdown on all outgoing info... how would retailers and such know more, or anything at all?

Because to release the game, the stores would need to have it...

For all the idiots who dont know how to read the Steam graphs (which is ALOT of you) the TOP graph shows how many servers and players are on, and the BOTTOM graph shows how much server bandwidth is available and is in use. get your statements and graph reading corrected before making and starting stupid post and topics.

If you guys recall correctly, before the hl2 preload, the bw available was roughly 9Gbps. The dropped it to 4Gbps when it was preload time and now its back to 9Gbps. They're just setting it back to normal

Back