• HL2 Preload Update

Votes: 102 40.3%
  • Major CS:S Update

Votes: 23 9.1%
  • No clue what it means....

Votes: 60 23.7%

• Total voters
No clue what it means!!!!

Ahem... anyways, don't expect HL2 to go gold anytime soon. We've been told that there will be several pre-loads. Even if the game is gold, Valve will probably keep the gold announcement quiet untill all the pre-loads are over.

As for the bandwidth, another pre-load seems the most likely.

Bait said:
No clue what it means!!!!

Ahem... anyways, don't expect HL2 to go gold anytime soon. We've been told that there will be several pre-loads. Even if the game is gold, Valve will probably keep the gold announcement quiet untill all the pre-loads are over.

As for the bandwidth, another pre-load seems the most likely.

That's just silly. Valve could very easily announce gold today and have time for one, maybe two more preloads before the game is actually released. There's no need to keep a gold announcement quiet for the sake of preloading.

Yeah, we aren't going to see Gold anytime soon.

I suggest everyone scale back their enthusiasm over bandwidth increases, because I think Valve will just come out and tell us it is ready to ship. I don't think it will be that cryptic.

It's likely that Valve pays for bandwidth monthly. Since yesterday was the 1st of September, I'd expect a September release of HL2, probably
around the 15th.

Im guessing that a silent release of HL2 is highly unlikely. Valve has said that any release info will come in the form of an official press release. Also they said a long time ago that pleanty of notice will be given to retailers so that they will have time to advertise. The Doom 3 release was a mainstream media covered event and im guessing that the Half-Life 2 release is going to be even bigger. It will probably set a record for first day sales for any type of video game.

kaellinn18 said:
What about a preload AND a gold announcement?

how about u curb ur enthusiasm? j/k :E
i am teh Valve riot police phear meh! :devil: :LOL:

It's something...no doubt about that. But I have no idea what or when.

Hmmmmm, something isnt right here....
Valve wouldnt release the game without telling everyone would they ?

It must be a company error, seeing as no-other online sites have it in stock.

Well maybe stores have it in stock secretly, until valve says "you can all go to your stores now an buy' :)

Too bad the game is already spoiled QUITE A BIT for me by hl2 trivia irc msg and threads :(

storywise, that is ..

Bah to pre-loading.

Part of the adventure of computer games is waiting for the game to install while you sit there snorting the manual and that new video game smell.

urseus said:
Bah to pre-loading.

Part of the adventure of computer games is waiting for the game to install while you sit there snorting the manual and that new video game smell.

You're just too cheap to by crack aren't you?

Well valve isnt going to that trade show in Europe sp its says that they must stay in the states and prepare for the big thingey(w/e it is)!

halflifeguy said:
Well valve isnt going to that trade show in Europe sp its says that they must stay in the states and prepare for the big thingey(w/e it is)!
They've not gone to ECTS because there isn't much of interest there to them.

Since we're right in the midst of the big U.K. trade show ECTS - a show that VALVe has elected not to attend - I asked Doug Lombardi if there were any upcoming appearances planned.

Tokyo Game Show is the next big one that comes to mind, but not sure yet if we'll attend.

We'll definitely be keeping our eyes on TGS, which takes place September 24-26, and let you know if VALVe decides to go.

Off of PHL. We could be seeing some of HL2 at that Tokyo show. Maybe if we are good little boys and girls, it may be a final product.

BTW second preload just started... there is a new thread

Back