Something I would like to see in Episode Three

The scientists working the anti-mass spectrometer.

Lol, i always tought it was Gordon. 'cause it isn't one of the scientist voices. It's a unique voice never used anywhere else in the game. And also because the direction where the voice comes from isn't from up there where the scientists are but from where Gordon is standing. And it's also weird that they answer the question with adressing to Gordon.

Gordon: "what's that guy doing up there?"
scientist: "Nothing to worry about, Gordon."

Well, Gordon does talk...

In the Gman Squad atleast...then he dies :(

I wouldn't mind a Gordon in game model. Damn, he had a model in half-life one (and he looked badass and slightly deranged). Also, valve said that they are not ruling out the possibility of him using the portal gun in a future half-life game.

As long as he doesn't talk I don't see any problem.

Also, If they are going to model gordon, I would like the Sexy Gordon version (like the one holding the pherophod next to alyx in the concept art) and not the ugly and geeky version (like the picture where he is nerd and geeky or the horrible model for gmod)

Hi guys, I don't feel the need to see Gordons reflection, his face etc.(a voice, I don't know) when playing. However, I do miss his body. It's weird if you, Gordon, look down and don't see legs and feet. It would have been cooler and realistic, if you would see the hazard suit if you look down. Also, that doesn't ruin the feeling that you are Gordon.
Maybe the body isn't handy in this type of game, I don't know.

And what do I want to see in Episode 3, BARNEY! Where the hell is he in episode 2, I miss him, he is cool!

Legs in FPSs always look shit and unrealistic, without fail I have never seen an first person game that does legs well.

Actually, one of the main reasons you can't get the ASHPD is
beacause Half-Life has a realistic, outdoor feel to it and
Portal takes place inside areas where the framerate won't
go down with all that is going on.
Plus, in Half-life 2, the paths are linear, which mean that if you aquired the
Portal Gun, you would be running off the maps and boundaries a few times.
I think this has been noted in a similar thread, but I jus' wanted to bring it up.

You can also see Gordon's face on the picture that eli has, the picture of the black mesa scientists.

When I play Duke Nukem and look in the mirror and see Duke Nukem himself, and listen to his uber awesome oneliners I still feel like Duke Nukem. 'cause that is what first person view accomplishes.

I see nothing wrong with seeing Gordon's face ingame, especially because we all know how he looks like.

And we did hear Gordon's voice, in the very first game no less.
When you enter the test chambre, remember:

"What's he doing up there?"
"Nothing to worry about, Freeman ..."

Those are both the sci's in the control room talking, and the first one says "What's he doing IN there?"

That Gordon freeman is one sexy bastard. :eek:

You can also see Gordon's face on the picture that eli has, the picture of the black mesa scientists.

Yeah, about that pic, the guy that stands next to Gordon really has the same face characteristers as G-man ?
although im pretty sure he is not G-man.
But i still think its strange..

Hi guys, I don't feel the need to see Gordons reflection, his face etc.(a voice, I don't know) when playing. However, I do miss his body. It's weird if you, Gordon, look down and don't see legs and feet. It would have been cooler and realistic, if you would see the hazard suit if you look down. Also, that doesn't ruin the feeling that you are Gordon.

And what do I want to see in Episode 3, BARNEY! Where the hell is he in episode 2, I miss him, he is cool!
Barney is mandatory for Episode 3.

Also, welcome to the forams.

Yeah, about that pic, the guy that stands next to Gordon really has the same face characteristers as G-man ?
although im pretty sure he is not G-man.
But i still think its strange..
It's slick, one of the 4 scientist models from the original. The fout models are luther (the basis for Eli), walter (the basis for Kleiner), slick (the basis for Magnusson) and einstien (who has had no character based on him).

Haven't played it yet :O

However, I do miss his body. It's weird if you, Gordon, look down and don't see legs and feet. It would have been cooler and realistic, if you would see the hazard suit if you look down. Also, that doesn't ruin the feeling that you are Gordon.

Yeah I agree I want to see his legs/body too. It's weird when you look down and there's nothing there. For me that absence really takes me out of the experience. It's especially noticeable when your riding in the car with Alyx. However I'd also like to see his reflection if you look in a mirror, or on the surface of water (that would be cool imo). I think it would only add to and improve the game, you can already see his hands so where is the rest of him?

He shouldn't talk though, that'd be out of character I think. Oh and no portal gun in EP3 either, I just think it would ruin the HL game play.

Yeah Barney needs to show up and fight along side you and Alyx. He could possibly come in handy against an advisor.

There's a group picture of a bunch of scientist's in Kliner's lab and one of them is Gordon. And don't have the gaul to tell me it's not. If that's not Gordon then I'm Duff Man.

It's definately Gordon.

Another reason why it would be cool to see your body is we finally get to see the suit. Now we only see the suit on wallpapers and art pics. And we've only seen it in HL1 from other npcs (with helmet). It's only before you grab the suit that we can actually see it, and then we see his hands. But it would be cool to see the suit with the greek L on it. Then the suit would have a bigger part in the game, which is deserves I think.

I'm all for seeing Gordon in-game, but speaking and portal gun = fail.

Seeing Gordon's body/legs.... Yes
Seeing his face.... No
Portal gun.... No
Barny.... Yes!

I think he said what he said correctly Druckles. Stop "fixing" peoples post's. Your not good at it.

Legs in FPSs always look shit and unrealistic, without fail I have never seen an first person game that does legs well.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/mirrors-...rs-edge-20080115102322417.html?page=mediaFull

keep an eye on Mirror's Edge then.

At any rate, i've stopped buying into the invisible mute gordon increases immersion dogma.

When gordon has absolutely no way to communicate or interact verbally in any meaningful way with npcs, only being able to listning to them or kill them, how is this immersive? How does this make you feel like gordon? When i look down and only see me hands but no body, how does this make me feel like gordon? We all know he's a goateed nerd in an orange black suit, so why can't the game make you feel like it?

I'm beginning to think this was a case where valve gave out an artistic reason to justify something they just didn't know how to properly deal with.

The technology exists for good body animations in FPS view, and tf2 goes to show that you can have your character making various facial expressions dependant on their actions. (so as to avoid seeing nothing but a blank gaze if you see yourself through a portal) And you could always add some kind of text menu, or maybe you can nod or shake your head with the mouse to imply yes or no in order to have some means of interaction. I don't know. But i believe things can always be taken further.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/mirrors-...rs-edge-20080115102322417.html?page=mediaFull

keep an eye on Mirror's Edge then.

At any rate, i've stopped buying into the invisible mute gordon increases immersion dogma.

When gordon has absolutely no way to communicate or interact verbally in any meaningful way with npcs, only being able to listning to them or kill them, how is this immersive? How does this make you feel like gordon? When i look down and only see me hands but no body, how does this make me feel like gordon? We all know he's a goateed nerd in an orange black suit, so why can't the game make you feel like it?

I'm beginning to think this was a case where valve gave out an artistic reason to justify something they just didn't know how to properly deal with.

The technology exists for good body animations in FPS view, and tf2 goes to show that you can have your character making various facial expressions dependant on their actions. (so as to avoid seeing nothing but a blank gaze if you see yourself through a portal) And you could always add some kind of text menu, or maybe you can nod or shake your head with the mouse to imply yes or no in order to have some means of interaction. I don't know. But i believe things can always be taken further.
I agree flyingdebris. There are several times in EP 1 and 2 that I want to push the x button and interact with Alyx. Like after the razor train crash's and she's freaked out by the Stalkers. Or after she's recovered by the Vort's in the mines.

Valve doesn't know how and/or is scared to try interaction. I'll take just giving them a hug or patting them on the back something! I'm all right with the no voice.

yeah, no voice i can definitely agree to, just as long as we get some way to indicate things to other characters, maybe like in codename gordon perhaps, with emotes, lol.

Portal gun.... No

I certainly don't want to see it in Gordon's hands -- as stated by many others, I think it would dramatically change the flow of the game. I could definitely see it in the hands of Alyx for a portion of the game. Scripted sequences involving portal creation would be fine -- even up to and including some puzzles.

For example: Routinely, you're asked to navigate hazardous areas. Why not have Gordon maneuver through the half-submerged cargo hold of the Borealis as the ship sinks around him, with the ultimate goal of leaping to safety through a portal created by Alyx?

I think he said what he said correctly, Druckles. Stop "fixing" peoples posts. You're not good at it.

Fixed.

I think you spelled what you spelled incorrectly, z0mbin3. Stop "posting". You're not good at it.

And I don't believe he quite thought his post through.

F.E.A.R has legs and its really crappy :(

Fixed.

I think you spelled what you spelled incorrectly, z0mbin3. Stop "posting". You're not good at it.

And I don't believe he quite thought his post through.

You're not good at life. And should stop it.

z0mbin3, stop being a douche. Every one out of three posts from you is just to provoke someone or be an all around asshole. Shut the f*** up and talk about half life.

The HL2 sections here are turning into big piles of suck. I know it's a post-release phase the forum goes through every time Valve drops the goods on us, but it still baffles me.

Ten damn years into the series, with all its unique grooves and traits firmly settled into place, and people are still asking for things that will never happen. "WHY NOT GORDAN HAV FACE?!" and "GIMMA EMOTE SYSTEM" along with the half-million Nihilanth quote threads, and I don't think Ep3 could come sooner.

what else do you want us to talk about? everything related to halflife so far has already been talked about to death. we're just shooting the shitz until ep 3 eventually comes out.

The HL2 sections here are turning into big piles of suck. I know it's a post-release phase the forum goes through every time Valve drops the goods on us, but it still baffles me.

Ten damn years into the series, with all its unique grooves and traits firmly settled into place, and people are still asking for things that will never happen. "WHY NOT GORDAN HAV FACE?!" and "GIMMA EMOTE SYSTEM" along with the half-million Nihilanth quote threads, and I don't think Ep3 could come sooner.

But we want him to have Ironsights :|

z0mbin3, stop being a douche. Every one out of three posts from you is just to provoke someone or be an all around asshole. Shut the f*** up and talk about half life.

Eh at least it's only one out of three. The other two are. A bad joke post and a post that has a decent point but with ease can still be flamed. Really I'm kind of an average poster. Oh um..... Striders are tall and have cannons.

Back