Something is VERY fishy here...

Spiffae

Reaction score
Something's not sitting right with me here... first let me quote you a post made by qckbeam:

Also, we have the fact that in the source (I'm going from other people's posts) we have very few new or unknown monsters, only a couple new weapons, and in general what seems to be not the "surprises" that Gabe/Valve have been promising.

Could we have incomplete code? Gabe's forum post seems to imply that it's the whole shebang. And why would the AI files be so similar? we've been led to believe that it's a whole new AI system, not a rehash of HL1.

Thoughts?

edit by rec: here are my thoughts, post snippets of the source again and you'll be banned.

I guess HL1 had plenty of DX8/9 shaders then as well?

i think he MADE us think it was the complete thing, so there are still a lot of surprises for us.

Nothing is fishy.

It is not uncommon for one to build on existing code in creating new content.

Also Quickbeam who you are quoting had later said after looking more deeply into the code that it was legit and this was before gabes statement.

Also they did not post the whole source code.

It is it and if it isn't let them think they got the real source code because that is the best protection against a further exploit. No one wants to rob an empty house.

Originally posted by Stryyder
Nothing is fishy.

It is not uncommon for one to build on existing code in creating new content.

Also Quickbeam who you are quoting had later said after looking more deeply into the code that it was legit and this was before gabes statement.

Also they did not post the whole source code.

It is it and if it isn't let them think they got the real source code because that is the best protection against a further exploit. No one wants to rob an empty house.
Still... keeping comments like that for FIVE years?! I couldn't imagine doing that if I were a programmer... that's weird.

no company would jerk around people this much as a joke

fishy, but of course if this was true then Unreal 2 and Half Life do have something similar

removed

That and with Gabe's confirmation, I say we have a leak on our hands.

Repeat after me.... I shall NOT post code fragments

Originally posted by BWMASTER
Removed

That doesn't make it the real code. It probably is, but don't put it past you. Ya never know.

Repeat after me... I shall NOT quote posts containing code fragments :)

sides.... splitting..... need..... selotape.....

rec, i quoted another post...i can give you the link. I don't even have the code. At all. Period. Like i said, it was a post from THIS message board. I respect your decision, but i wasn't quoting code.

I made those assumptions based off two files from the leaked source. After I looked at the full thing I came back and said I was sure it was legit. Although it's useless now because Gabe already said it was.

ok, qckbeam, you win. i've been reading more and more from programmers who seem to say that the AI is actually very advanced... too bad this all couldn't have been a bad joke, huh?

rec, sorry for the trouble.

Back