Reaction score
...its so close i can taste it

Attachments

• hl2lostcost_steam.JPG
    hl2lostcost_steam.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 574
"licks the screen"
Damnit...sooo close....

I was like WTF? Another update? And then Lost Coast! OMG! It looks like a big download. Is it going to be fully downloaded?

OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG~!!!!!!!

STEAM!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I 4R3 T3H B1GG3S7 F4AN!!!!

I can't wait for this game! I've been playing Substance mod waiting for it, but nothing but good 'ol HL2 can whet my appetite for good 'ol HL2.

It's so strange... Now all my HL2/HL icons are greyed out as if i haven't downloaded them yet. Is it normal?
EDIT: Works now, but Lost Coast is no longer downloading.

omfg omfg
release it already !

(feels like old times.. remember the preloads ?)
Edit/Delete Message

The third test is also in that lost coast link.

OMG!

and im going on vacation this weekend too, i won't be able to play :(

there is definitely something going on about that pseudo error it gives you when clicking that LostCoast link
Error: CanonicalVector: degenerate is not at all an error that could be generated in a webpage, it is in fact an old error Worldcraft gave. either this is an easter egg or something bigger could be behind this

nal777 said:
there is definitely something going on about that pseudo error it gives you when clicking that LostCoast link
Error: CanonicalVector: degenerate is not at all an error that could be generated in a webpage, it is in fact an old error Worldcraft gave. either this is an easter egg or something bigger could be behind this

i don't get that error anymore...i get this....

Attachments

• package.JPG
    package.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 377
i guess it was just an easter egg for veteran worldcraft mappers :p

In the other thread they said that if you view the source for the error (which isn't there anymore :() there's a bird in the code or something

That's all it was, just a bird. There didn't appear to be any clues like the 2nd test.

What's going on? First it's the fake error message, then it says lost coast available on HL2 GOLD/SILVER, then it says lost coast available nowhere, now it says lost coast available on HL2 GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE. Someone can't decide...

I'm good no matter what, I've got gold <3

There was a bird. Exactly like the ones in the pre-loads. And there were a bunch of numbers like an ip address. Whatever it was its gone now. And I'm really mad right now because every1 thinks I'm crazy. Too bad I didn't save it in notepad. Can some1 send an e-mail to Valve?

Ennui said:
OMG!

and im going on vacation this weekend too, i won't be able to play :(
Yeah, I'm going on vacation this week too :(

BUT! this is a good sign! so far, 6 games have been released the week I leave for vacation. So yes, this is a sign that LC is near!:naughty:

were all so excited, but all we get to do is look at this icon on our play games section for probably about as long as we have looked at the DOD: source icon, but what fake error message are u guys talking about.

Wait a second.

Is Loast Coast for everyone? Or only those who ordered HL2 via Steam....?

If it is the latter, I will be very bummed. And if that is the case, how do you get Loast Coast. I just recently got a new computer, so I was pretty excited about being able to play Loast Coast.

/sigh

EDIT: I ask this because I cannot upload anything...if there is anything to upload. When I double click on Loast Coast in Steam, it just takes me to some screen asking me to buy HL2.....

Lost Coast isn't EVEN RELEASED YET pushit.

It's for every HL2 owner.

im kinda sad :(
i won't be able to run the Lost Coast in all its glory :|

Minerel said:
Lost Coast isn't EVEN RELEASED YET pushit.

It's for every HL2 owner.

Ok. I know it's not released. I just wasn't sure if you could download some stuff pre-release, kind of like what you did for HL2.

Thanks though

/relief
/sigh
/smile

Typical, today of all days is when only half the internet works. :(

its been nearly nine months since a small block of text has made my heart flutter

Dr. Freeman said:
im kinda sad :(
i won't be able to run the Lost Coast in all its glory :|

Ill be sure to let u know how good it really looks at top settings.

Ill be sure to let u know how good it really looks at top settings.
You will not see it in all its glory unless you have a PS3.0 card, which you dont :p

...and in a few weeks, we shall see "Aftermath" in the "coming soon" area :p
...or not ;)

Argh, I'm so excited about this thing! Even if I won't be able to play this the way it should be played (Radeon 9800PRO is a good card, but not high-end anymore ;)), AAAAAAA :p

2Fast4U said:
You will not see it in all its glory unless you have a PS3.0 card, which you dont :p

Owned! Want to brag some more?:dozey:

What is it that Steam is downloading? I had both HL2 and CS: S and 99% and it downloaded something. I think I had something like that before, also without any notice, that there is a new update.

Its probably just a little packet to make HDR easier to add. Probably similar to preloading to save them having one huge banwidth hit when every one D/Ls it.

Doppelgofer said:
...its so close i can taste it
Is it? DoD has been 'Coming soon' since HL2 was released!!

I think eveyone needs to calm down where Lost Coast is concerned. Valve have already said it's really only going to be a tech demo & not some sort of huge add-on. I reckon it will take about half hour tops to play through .............. then everyone will be back on here moaning about how short it was!

Unfocused said:
Owned! Want to brag some more?:dozey:

What is it that Steam is downloading? I had both HL2 and CS: S and 99% and it downloaded something. I think I had something like that before, also without any notice, that there is a new update.

My Steam went a bit odd, it update the following games:

Source SDK, Half Life 2, Counter Strike Source, Half Life Source, Half Life

how odd, and wow those few words in coming soon was quite a thrill then I remembered its still a "couple" of weeks away,

Also did anyone notice the NEW DOD Source stuff on the games page?

2Fast4U said:
Source engine doesn't use Pixel Shader 3.0, for all I know.

Back