Something lurking in HL2.exe?

This is a little too abstruse to be the next test - it's something that not very many people would think of doing.

It's the HL2 logo in ascii, over and over in different sizes, by the looks of it.

As pointed out in the thread at phl:

The reason that symbol is in there (as pointed out by SavanahLion)

They are icons. Icons are frequently stored as bitmaps in exe's. It just so happens that the bits used make a better than usual ansi reflection of the image data.

I was wondering about the blocks of data in between these 'images' that seem to be repeated and with this new perspective there purpose is now obvious. They're color pallettes (argh, sp?).

KagePrototype said:
Who said it was a test?
PHL have been saying it was a test.....just a guess mind. They need to go through the whole .exe file to find something else. My guess is that the birdie (tit) will appear somewhere.....

:borg:

How on earth could a load of ACSII be a test? It's an image...

Chris_D said:
How on earth could a load of ACSII be a test? It's an image...
Like the birdie thing......thats ASCII after all........Lateral thinking, me thinks !@!

:borg:

Errr! No More Tests! Give Me The Game! Now!

Yeah if you read like page 5 it isn't a test. Honest. No, I'm not trying to get ahead of you.... Fine, if you want to be like that, go ahead and read it yourself.... Yeah, see? :p

Good find though.

dekstar, you're forgetting the golden rule. No matter how inane or quickly disproved any rumour is you have to have at least four more pages of the same inane ramblings.

Cool. Didn't show up for me at all. Wonder what column they had wrap set up?

I'm laughing at all of you for this.

Laughing so hard, I might start... oh wait... yeah, here it goes, I'm laughing so hard I think I'm crying... damn it. Damn you all.

It's a shame though, I won't tell you why I'm laughing at you, because this alone will earn me plenty of flames.

My lungs hurt from the laughing.

If jpgs can contain viruses, then this could definately be a test. Look outside the box.

LOL did somebody just hack Icarus' login? A link to nude celebs or something was under a post under his name. And now the post is gone. I was about to question whether staff members should be linking material like that on here.

Terminal 6 point font with a notepad width of 49 characters is what the other forums suggested.

ffs ppl read up.
icons. they are in all .exes.
thats how explorer knows what icon to use for a program.
[waits till pages == 4]

Back