Something to occupy you untill Half-life 2

X-FacToR

Reaction score
OK many people would say the World War 2 games are rather exhausted, well I tottally agree except for one exception that beats them ALL. CALL OF DUTY a E3 blockbuster, if you have played the demo or read anything about this game its probly all very true. I played the demo that came with PC gamer and I can confirm the tottal ownage. One of the best demos Ive ever played.

The game comes out the end of this month (29th) shipping early, and after reading the review it could be one of the best games off all time category or atleast IMO. The atmoshpere that COD brings is unmatched and is what I would expect for Half-Life 2 the same quality of work can be compared allthough tottally different games. Definately look for Call of Duty when it comes out and get your computer ready looks to utilize direct x 9.0+ and has that same Realistic fealing that u get while watching a E3 demo of Half-Life 2.

agreed... on both posts. Great looking game, but not anything to do with HL2. :)

Something to occupy you untill Half-life 2 <---related

I'm not waiting HL2 anymore... i'm waiting now HL2D mahaauahu !
cg_011.jpg

Originally posted by alco
concur?

Yeah, I think that's what he means.....unless he's got some sort of Napolean complex, in which case it would be conquer.....

yeah, I've played the CoD demo. Very good game.

CoD will be pretty cool. I'll admit the WWII thing is getting kinda old, unless they come out with something like WWIIOnline, only 1000% better.

Ya'll should try Battle Grounds mod for HL, its set in the revolutionary war. Pretty fun when you fire your musket then wait a few seconds to reload while having to fend off bayonetts and cannon balls. :)

Originally posted by synth
yeah, I've played the CoD demo. Very good game.

Yeah! cool!

..... shouldn't we be moving this thread, now?

In my opinion, Call of Duty is going to be a very leet game. I've played both CoD demos and they both blew me away.

IMO....

Best WWII game= Call of Duty
Best Tactical Squad-Based Shooter= Rainbow Six 3: Ravenshield
Best FPS ever= ummmm....
Best RTS= Warcraft 3
Best RTS expansion pack= TIE: WC3 Frozen Throne, C&C Generals Zero Hour
Best MMORPG= While evercrack is the king of MMO, Shadowbane had some really awesome guild wars and I've yet to see how FFXI turns out....

I'm bored.... can you tell?

BTW: Did anyone have any trouble with the CoD Dawnville demo? It kept freezing up so I had to play in safe mode. anyway, its all good....

lol best rts warcraft 3... wow.... good one!
..................................................................... starcraft?

best expansion... starcraft broodwar..

"Best FPS ever= ummmm...."
Half-Life until Half-Life 2 comes out.

I thought this was obvious?

heh...it was a spelling error....but i might have made a reference...hmmm **shifty eyes** If this "reference" i made makes me somehow cooler, then it was a "simpsons reference" and you can discard the first part of this message...

warcraft 3 is the best rts ever.

unless you're korean. starcraft is like...food over there.

Deer Hunter 2004. This is by far the best deer hunter game ever. Its so addicting! I haven't had time for CS ever since this puppy came out.

Anubis

where can i download the 2nd demo for Call of Duty, the dawnville demo or whatever it is

Cant wait to see COD! I cant wait to see the Doom3 railgun! But I really really really cant wait for HL2!!! but I have to... Ill live!

Originally posted by Sparta
where can i download the 2nd demo for Call of Duty, the dawnville demo or whatever it is

I've got a torrent, PM me your e-mail adress and I'll send it to you.

I have no idea what a torrent is but it would help out alot more if you could just send me the link to download, if thats ok, but none-the less i'll send you a pm

There aren't any links to download yet, BitTorrent is a P2P program that takes about a minute to install, get it here and associate the .torrent file with it.

yeah, umm, off topic.

It's not like i can post a thread 'what color underwear r u wearing? (to tide me over till hl2)' and suddenly it becomes hl2 related.

COD+ FARCRY+MAXPAYNE2 will be the best games to play till March04

(STALKER, DOOM3) will kik ass.

I can't wait for the multiplayer, the maps are going to be insanely sweet.

I agree completely. the Western Front has been completely exhausted. There are 100s of maps with D-day and Battle of the Bulge.

As a long time player of MOHAA and BF1942, I can say that COD just seems like the same thing with a lot more sounds that EA calls "intensity." I will be passing this up.

CoD is all scrited il be playing max payne 2 for a long time i love this game!!!!!!!!

Yes, i think CoD will be one of the best fps ww2 shooters on the market as of end of October.

Im really hoping for games like farcry and hl2 to be out this winter..

here's to optomism:cheers:

CoD is made by a bunch of the people that made MoHAA. Call of Duty is going to be what Medal of Honor should've been, but was left to die because of EA's lack of community support.

Peaking around corners, Prone position, load's more weapons, fun multiplayer mods, ect.. Everything MoH never had, and never will.

desert combat for bf1942 baby!

i play religiously

aliens vs predator 2

I am an alien drone GOD,

thou shall not be killed by other aliens other than me for I am your one true alien who shall munch on your brains

I'm looking forward to CoD, but I'm a bit alarmed at how much media they have made available already. I'm hoping that they haven't shown us all the juice in the trailers.

I agree with the comments about EA though, spearhead was disappointingly short and breakthrough just feels like its you Vs the entire german and italian armies in some hackneyed WW2 B -Movie from the 60s.

What impressed me about CoD was the fact that you really feel vunerable and that cinematic heroics won't carry the day (like they do in most shooters). I've played the Demo through a few times and still haven't yet felt a sense of complacency when it comes to the combat, even knowing where the enemy are. The bit where you negotiate the graveyard under fire is tops. Also I'm intriegued to know whether your casualties impact upon the next mission of defending the same position against the counteracting Germans.

Back