sonofa*****

B

bsaxman

I'm simultaniously elated and angered... I've been unemployed for the last 2 months, and now, 3 weeks before HL2 comes out I just get a job offer to manage an EBGames in VA... which means I'll be workin my tail off and training right around the launch date... ain't that a bitch? great money, fun job, no way to play HL2 without sacrificing sleep or being late to work at a new job... weeeeee

so yeah, anyone think they'd buy it if I told them I can't start till nov 23rd? and is anyone else in this same delima? :flame:

Accept the lack of sleep, dont lose a job over a game. Remember you will have off days then you can play all day.

and I think that's exactly why they're hiring you: to manage that hl2 / prince of persia 2/ vampire: masquerade and what not torrent of new games coming out

Play like 1 hour of your sleep time or something..:)

Ownzed said:
Play like 1 hour of your sleep time or something..:)

dude, its HL2, 1 hour will turn into 4-5 hours easily, it happens to me like every other day

Tell them that you need to play to "get into the mind of the gamer" to better serve the customer's needs, and that it should be part of your training. Most of your training.

yeah I think that EBGames will have their own specially made holidays caled "Half-life2" days, where you sit and play... I think.

Or just don't eat. Just go home after work, start up your comp, and play till night time. Order a pizza if you must :)

You'll only enjoy it more when you finally get a chance to play it.

There are certain times when you need to just switch off the PC and do something else..

Playing half life2 over what could be a career for life is one of those times.

It is a game, nothing more, it wont cure cancer, it wont save peoples lives, it wont even make you toast in the morning....

you job though will enable you to get life insurance and get a toaster...

play games on the weekends like i do.

Say you developed an acute inflamation in your subordinate right fallopian tube. You will need atleast 2 weeks medication of benadrine fallicaps, which will make you nauseus and undergo alluded hysteria.

works everytime.

chu said:
Say you developed an acute inflamation in your subordinate right fallopian tube. You will need atleast 2 weeks medication of benadrine fallicaps, which will make you nauseus and undergo alluded hysteria.

works everytime.

funny stuff man... I just realized that with this job, all the video game playing I do is now homework, and I'm a workaholic... nice

I don't understand how you won't be able to play. Do they expect you to work 16 hour days with no days off? I'm sure you can find some time.

This isn't a 3rd world EB is it?

Just wondering because you seem to think you will be working 200 hours a week in a 168 hour week.

R-to-the-ELAX

Here's all the training you need to work at EB

"Hello thanks for calling EB games where you can preorder XXXX, may I help you?"

wait 3 seconds

"No, it's not out yet. Goodbye"

repeat 25,000 times.

bsaxman said:
... great money, fun job, ...

[SARCASM]I'm crying you a river here.[/SARCASM]

Seriously you won't be able to find a couple hours out of the 168 per week to play HL2? All your weekends can't possibly be full, or are you working 60+ hours?

I ref hockey, so I never know when I'm going to work until within a few days. Today I got a call to call a game on Tuesday though...which is the release of San Andreas :|

Dougy said:
It is a game, nothing more, it wont cure cancer, it wont save peoples lives, it wont even make you toast in the morning....

Remember, you can mod it :farmer:

Back