Sooner or later, a man has to do what a man has to do.

Reaction score
Sooner or later, a man has to do what a man has to do.

I've been doing some major personal project. I been converting my old 1970s LPs and tapes into CD. Albums like: Frankie Miller, Scorpion, George McCrea, Lips Inc, Bobby Blue Bland, BB King, Muddy Waters, Billy Holiday, Aretha, Etc. Tapes like Barry White singing with his ex-wife Glodean, which is out of print. Records that are out of print and hard to find, except at your local Flea Market, or at garage sells, if you're lucky enough. Albums, Songs, cuts, which are out of print for, conflict of rights.

It took me about 3 months and still counting to get this under control. I went through Couple of Milk-Crates and three 216-tape bags.

I got couple of pictures to let you see what I'm been through; just in case you care.

My Stanton I used to DJ with back when I was single isn't attached to my system now, but my stereo is.

I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. :bounce: Sitting on the floor and on the table is what I have left to record.

2008_02030005.jpg

2008_02030006.jpg

2008_02030003.jpg

As you can tell by, the Accu-Chek (My Glucose monitor), The nail clipper, the two empty Camel Filters box, My dirty Glasses, The 20oz coffee mug, the Alcohol bottle, the wiping-rag (For cleaning the tape-head), sitting on the table, the wife (who's missing in the pic) nagging me about when will I clean the mess; I've been in the long haul, annoyed and bored to death.:x
Call it "My bar mitzvah" Or "Going to Mecca and becoming Hajji" or "My baptism" Whatever you wish to call it, soon I'll become digitized.

OMG! I cant wait. Oh! Did I mention, when doing stuff like this, making a mistake is unforgiven?

Jesus Christ you have a gigantic computer case!

Jesus Christ you have a gigantic computer case!

Thanks ... I Guess.

Antec 1200 is what that is. Pretty decent as far as room is concern. Other than that, its just the jumbo size of the Antec 900.

You are certainly a dedicated man.

We (Old schools) are very dedicated to our era. Matter of fact, its been more than 10 years since I bought a new album.
There are vinyls and tapes that I replaced with CDs, because they're still in-print. Then there are tracks (One time hit wonders), DJ Cuts/bashes and Promo singles, groups that split, the very unique albums, that I can't find for replacement that I had to convert.

Thanks ... I Guess.

Antec 1200 is what that is. Pretty decent as far as room is concern. Other than that, its just the jumbo size of the Antec 900.

We (Old schools) are very dedicated to our era. Matter of fact, its been more than 10 years since I bought a new album.
There are vinyls and tapes that I replaced with CDs, because they're still in-print. Then there are tracks (One time hit wonders), DJ Cuts/bashes and Promo singles, groups that split, the very unique albums, that I can't find for replacement that I had to convert.

I just received about a 100 old records from my grandpa. I am in the process of categorizing them and taking pictures. There are a few Beatles albums, Jimi Hendrix War Heroes, Journey, some other stuff.

I just received about a 100 old records from my grandpa. I am in the process of categorizing them and taking pictures. There are a few Beatles albums, Jimi Hendrix War Heroes, Journey, some other stuff.

Oh! Man. That's the best gift a grandson could receive. Not only did he give you the jewel of his era, his flashbacks and memory, he also gave you the very part of him.
You'll now meet and know your granddad up close and personal. Whenever you play those records picture your granddad there having the best time of his life.

You will have A great time.

Enjoy and post some pic. :D

Make sure you make a backup! Nothing will suck more than having a HDD crash, and have all of your work digitizing go to waste.

Personally, I would suggest Windows Home Server, as it will do exactly what you want it to do (also will do redundant backups for extra peace of mind if you choose). It's actually really easy to setup, and is headless, so as long as it has power and a network cable, it's ready to rock :)

Make sure you make a backup! Nothing will suck more than having a HDD crash, and have all of your work digitizing go to waste.

Personally, I would suggest Windows Home Server, as it will do exactly what you want it to do (also will do redundant backups for extra peace of mind if you choose). It's actually really easy to setup, and is headless, so as long as it has power and a network cable, it's ready to rock :)

Well, thanks for the info, I really appreciate that.
What I did is, made three identical copies of the same folder (My recordings), left one copy on my C:/ drive, one copy on D:/ drive, and one copy on F:/ drive (Which is my external), till I find sure place to store a permanent copy.
For now, my external drive, which I barely use, except when backing up family files, is my permanent storage drive.

Thanks Again.

Back