Sound card Differences

hyenolie

Reaction score
guys, can someone tell me the difference between a Audigy2 and a audigy 2zs?

more or less they have the same frequencys, both second generation, but i think the zs has more options to mess around with.

ill be using it on a 2.1. i dont konw what to get audigy 2 or 2zs,

I'm pretty sure one is external and one is internal. I have the audigy 2 and that's internal, i think the 2zs is either entirely USB or just insted of having a face plate along with the card, it just has a thing that sits on top of the system.

If you did you wouldn't be asking this question... so, what's your point? :D

The ZS is a 7.1 channel card, the regular is 6.1. The ZS is "THX certified"

The ZS has a few more connectors on the card. The ZS has DTS-ES encoding.

And not really that big of a differance, but the ZS has a 108db noise ratio compared to the normal 106db.

And the ZS also comes with full versions of tomb raider angel of darkness and raven shield.

The ZS seems like the best deal if you want raven shield and EAX 4.0 which to my knowledge doesn't come with the audigy 2.

hyenolie, u ask a question then someone tries to answer to the best of there knowledge and u criticise them for not doing their research before they answered? surely u r not one to complain, why didnt you jsut do your research before you posted a thread?
think before you post next time

Originally posted by hyenolie
more or less they have the same frequencys, both second generation, but i think the zs has more options to mess around with.

ill be using it on a 2.1. i dont konw what to get audigy 2 or 2zs,

Originally posted by Willber123
hyenolie, u ask a question then someone tries to answer to the best of there knowledge and u criticise them for not doing their research before they answered? surely u r not one to complain, why didnt you jsut do your research before you posted a thread?
think before you post next time

if u can compreshend english sentences, u can look at my quote it certainly states bare facts between the two, it shows that i have read about the differences and have found no main different uses for the two cards to my understanding, os i posted here. and here i am. i have done my research, that other guy said its an external, HOW THE **** IS IT EXTERNAL WHEN ITS GOT ****ING VISIBLE PINS ON IT!!!! ARH!!!!!!!!!

dude please, i responded to that guy with kindness, i could of flamed his ass for making a stupid statement like that,

thanks igneri for ur detailed post it helps a lot

ill get to reading about the EAX 4.0 and reply in this thread if the regular comes with it or not.

Originally posted by mrchimp
The ZS seems like the best deal if you want raven shield and EAX 4.0 which to my knowledge doesn't come with the audigy 2.

nope ur wronge

* The EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD driver is currently available for the Sound Blaster Audigy (Windows 2000 and XP only), Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS (Windows 98SE, Me, 2000 and XP). It is not available for the Audigy LS and the USB Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX.

now adays, the audigy 2 zs card seems to be promoted everything, even creative.com has taken down the regular audigy2 card and has only the 2 zs up there.

does anyone know whats going on? igneri has told me that no main differences in them, only one has THX supported crap, nothing realy usefull towards hl2 with 2.1 sound. but i am still curious to find out whats going on, why the sudden drop in promotion of the 2 and focus in the 2zs, everywhere i go its 2 zs online. any theories behind this? anyone?

The one single most noticeable difference is of course the 7.1 audio on the ZS versus the Audigy 2 which is capable of 6.1/5.1

-Audigy 2 ZS - Internal, 7.1
-Audigy 2 - Internal, 6.1/5.1

-Audigy 2 ZS Platinum - Internal w/Front HD bay, 7.1, Remote Control
-Audigy 2 Platinum - Internal w/Front HD bay, 6.1/5.1, Remote Control

-Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro - Internal and External Units (main unit is outside), 7.1, Remote Control
-Audigy 2 Platinum EX - Internal and External Units (main unit is outside), 6.1/5.1, Remote Control

-Audigy 2 NX - USB External

it seems the 2 zs is for hardcore movie watchers, with THX support, but the 2 is just for regulars, well this equation is cracked, thanks guys. end thread

Actually the ZS has better sound quality, there's an article on tomshardware about it.

mrchimp, as a rule of thumb, in essays when writing a fact, usualy the writer puts a footnote or even sites info to prove his fact,

this is the case, and for all people also, please if u post like this, dont be discouraged to give the link. cus i realy want to read it, but i cant=(.

hyenolie said:
mrchimp, as a rule of thumb, in essays when writing a fact, usualy the writer puts a footnote or even sites info to prove his fact,

this is the case, and for all people also, please if u post like this, dont be discouraged to give the link. cus i realy want to read it, but i cant=(.

I doubt anybody is going to take grammar advice from you, lol.

Anyway, heres the link: http://www6.tomshardware.com/video/20031007/audigy-01.html

Im sure you could have done that, its not very hard. Here is a detailed list of how I found this link:

Typed in www.tomshardware.com in my Internet Explorer address bar>hit enter>typed "Audigy 2 ZS" in the keyword search on tomshardware>clicked the very first article that came up, titled "Creative Audigy 2's Platinum Pro Features Sound 7.1 (and DTS)"

Nah Im just messing with you :p

The regular Audigy 2 does not support EAX 4.0. At least not the one I bought last year. Perhaps they have revised it? I know all mine can do is EAX 4.0 emulation at best.

If there is truely no difference in EAX support, the cheaper may be the wiser choice. It's doubtful you have speakers that could allow you to hear the difference in sound quality, and you wouldn't notice in a game anyway.

Oh, and "THX certification" is a bunch of BS, it's a marketting gimmic.

yo read my post in page 1, i took the paragraph from creative.com, audigy 2 and above cards are all eax 4.0 advanced compatible.

why even bother to get one of those audigy cards when ur only using 2.1 speakers? in MY opinion its just a waste of money if ur only gonna be using 2.1 sound. on board soundcards support sound just fine and if u dont have onboard, u can just get one of those 10 generic sound cards

see if u came sooner, we discussed how onboard stresses teh cpu, so thats why im getting a card with eax 4.0 this topic i already posted about and got the answer. see igneri =P, i am keeping everything in mind,

sory if im blind but i dont see where anyone explained how onboard stresses the cpu anywhere in this thread...

Oh my GOD. I just hooked up my audigy 2 ZS and logitech Z680s.

One frickin' line: HOLY SHIT

NICE!!!!!!!

peterhoang, it might be another thread i cant remember,

Back