Soundtrack from Gold Edition Borked

M

MyrddinE

Just got my Gold Edition stuff in the mail, yay! Posters, stickers, yay! Soundtrack CD, yay! Hmm. Soundtrack not playing in my CD drive... put it in DVD drive, yay! Err... still not playing, but now it at least brings up track list. Put it in wifey's iBook, yay! Umm... still not loading... and it will not eject...

So, I seem to have gotten a faulty CD. Anyone know who I should contact? And... does anyone know how to manually eject an unreadable CD out of an iBook? :-/

HAHAHA i book. your screwed... lol. take it apart? other than that...

My cd does pretty much the same thing, I think its because it has some broken cd-text on it. Had to rip the entire cd in iTunes, as playing it reset my computer. Plays fine in my hi-fi, but that supports cd-text :/

Does it play in a standard audio cd player? (Not a pc drive).

The disc contains some kind of security measure that can make it tricky for PCs to recognize. A number of people have complained about this. Still, it didn't stop me from ripping the tracks digitally on my PC to convert to mp3's for my portable mp3 player.

As for the iBook, most cd drives have a manual eject,. a small hole on the face of the drive large enough to stick a straightened out paperclip in. If you do this, the disc should pop out.

I wonder how many people are aware that the entire soundtrack, every last song, can be easily extracted from HL2's data files. In MP3 format.

DreamWraith said:
HAHAHA i book. your screwed... lol. take it apart? other than that...

just hold down the eject key wen you turn it on. Keep it held down until it actually comes out.

I had to do the same after a dodgy Little Britain disc in my PB.

I don't understand... why would Valve put fancy CD protection on a Gold box extra? Sigh. I cannot play the CD, or rip it, digitally or not. I can't even get a valid track list with most apps. And I don't have any CD players... I use my computer for that.

This is somewhat depressing. I know I can pull the mp3s out of the GCF, but I was hoping for a full quality CD too.

The same thing happened to me when I put it in my computer. Froze both Winamp and Windows Media Player (well, that played the first song for about 30 secs). I tried ripping it with 2 programs and both of them could not pull a valid track list from the CD using either my CD-RW drive or DVD-RW drive.

Oddly enough, it plays fine in my car CD player =(

I just ripped it to mp3 no problem.

Anybody else notice that the cd track #s and song title #s are all messed up?

It goes something like 1, 20, 4, 31, 3, 5, 7, 33, 30, 32....

Spartan said:
I wonder how many people are aware that the entire soundtrack, every last song, can be easily extracted from HL2's data files. In MP3 format.
Yeah, I think not many have realized this yet... The OST was the only thing I really wanted from the Gold package (especially seeing how there was no manual, and minimal packaging, etc.), so I started playing with these once I got the game. Most of the tracks are great, but a few are little more than mood music. I think I would be mighty pissed tho if I bought the damn thing, and then could not get it to play, and then my I-book "ate" it and would not let it out.

P.s. As suggested above, most CD-players have a tiny hole for manual eject (do this with the computer OFF please!), which you can put an unbent paper clip into to force it to eject a stuck CD. Hope you get yours out.

MajorPayne said:
P.s. As suggested above, most CD-players have a tiny hole for manual eject (do this with the computer OFF please!), which you can put an unbent paper clip into to force it to eject a stuck CD. Hope you get yours out.
On most (all?) Macintosh computers you can hold the mouse button down while it's powering on and it'll eject all discs. Try that first).

MajorPayne said:
I think we have a winner for completely random non thread-related post of the day!!

He's a potato do you have a problem with that?

I have the same problem with my CD. I bought the gold edition of steam just for the high quality soundtrack (not the icky mp3s). But I can't play it on anything I got. Man I'm pissed :angry: . If anybody knows how to fix Valves retarded CD please put the solution out to the public.

Spartan said:

owned.

I knew that I did not need the soundtrack CD to get the soundtrack... I got the Gold version to support Valve, not because I really needed it. Silver offered me everything I wanted.

But, now that I have the soundtrack, it would be NICE if it worked. :-/ I haven't been able to listen to it since I got it, not in either of my computers or my DVD player. It's just annoying.

Wheres The Sound Track Located Cant Find Em On My Hard Drive?

I have the same problem with my soundtrack...

Still, at least the disc looks pretty.

Mp3's are not of the same quality as what comes on CD. If you're running it through some putzbicket speakers then you couldn't tell the difference. If you're running it through a nice system then you will notice that the CD quality is crisper and deeper. The entire reason I got the gold package was for the soundtrack on CD. Unfortunately I can't read the disc with any of my drives/computers. SOMEBODY HELP!

Back