Source code thief caught

he said it wasnt the major part of the delay - but it was still substantial

and if you think a complete re-write of the network code is simple then you are just continuing to prove to everyone what a noob you really are...

Yeah, gj supporting theft. As some dev from some other company said: "great: thanks for making sure developers will spend more time watching their backs and working on security and less time making great games."

I would think using the word "noob" would discredit oneself more than anything...

And I'm not saying its not illegal and not a problem, its just not the reason HL2 has been delayed, stop lying to yourself, moddifying some network code is nothing for a team the size of Valve, and it sure wouldn't take 1 year. It'd be closer to a month, maximum.

manny_c44 said:
I would think using the word "noob" would discredit oneself more than anything...

And I'm not saying its not illegal and not a problem, its just not the reason HL2 has been delayed, stop lying to yourself, moddifying some network code is nothing for a team the size of Valve, and it sure wouldn't take 1 year. It'd be closer to a month, maximum.

You still made a retarded statement, so now you will spend most of your time in this thread trying defend your flawed point. Good job.

As for hacker, he can go to jail and rot there, maybe after some ass action he will understand that hacking is only fun until you get caught. Dimwit. Internet clouds person's judgment so much these days.

bigun said:
how about they set jack bauer on him...

i feel sorry for any man forced to be interrogated by Jack Bauer :thumbs:

manny_c44 said:

It may not be the reason why it was delayed, but it is the reason why it's not out now.

he hacked, he stole, all illegal, he should receive normal charges. and serious beating ingame when cs on hl2 comes out :p

It did cause a delay ya ****.

The guy had access to the basic code.

With that he could have spawned a bajillion bots foe online play and ruin the whole experience.

manny_c44 said:
Ah give em a break, he was just giving us what we wanted, halflife 2 on September 30th. Or a close approximation of a small portion of an old build of halflife 2. Whatever.

Ill be out next Wednesday to steal your car , or whatever your most valuable possesion is ; you obviously wont mind , because Im giving myself what I wanted money on May 27th.

Also , as long as this guy goes to prison , gets sodomized and is finanically ruined for a good long time , than I say call it even.

PS- The most hilarious thing in the whole chat log is 'if Valve were to get angry I would shut down their site". Hackers are so socially inept it hurts. Oh boy , stealing source code would only get you a phone call. and if you get pissed at someone get back at them by...shutting down their website? *shakes head*

just tie him to a pole and let ppl do what they want with him..

**polishes and lubricates iron beating stick ready for action**

BRING IT ON~

Eh, just give him to the US Military so they can take off all his cloths and tie him up like a dog. Then after that, they can make him act like he's going to suck someone’s ****. When they're done with that they can ship him off to Iraq where some Arabs can cut off his head.

World is such a lovely place, isn't it?

A little joke to lighten the anal retentive mood...

What an unexpected turn of events..yesterday you were all playing that leaked version and posting comments about it in here. Your comments made the game look ugly. So made the theft. So look at the mirror, what do you see?

:frown:

If this guy is the hacker, then I suggest just three things...

1. Him, tied to a post in the lobby of the Valve offices.
2. A large bamboo stick (provided, jointly, by the US State Department and German Criminal Corrections Dept...who says we can't work together?)
3. A coupon included with each copy of HL2 marked, "Good for one FREE hit."

Fill in the rest yourselves...
sw-ACK! Next!

Back