Source engine

Whould you download nad play Eve of destruction?

• Yes - it looks like it whould stand out among others

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No - just another HL2 mod

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters
V

vodka

ok, there is this mod for battlefield 1942, called EOD, and its a really good mod. they wanna swich engines(the summory of the discussion is here : http://forums.bf42.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=499972#post499972) but the main fear with going to HL2 is that they will become just another mod, so i wanted to get the thoughts of the HL2 community on this you can read about the mod and what it is http://forums.bf42.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=25 (forums) and http://www.planetbattlefield.com/eod/ its all about the vietnam war, another problem they seem to have with source is the map sizes, so anything you have with regards to that whould be great.

so read about the game a lil and see if it is something you whould like, then vote(if i can get it to work)

i am not a dev of EOD or in any way affilated with them blah blah disclaimer

Looks pretty good. I would give it a go, especially since I been having a craving to play a good vietnam game.

I've played it and I love it. They have mad skills, and I really think, if Source allows them to do what they want (really big maps etc), that they should switch to Source.

They really have a niche, and they should take advantage of that.

Edit: Hehe, nad. :D

Sounds like fun, I'd play it.

re: map size, Valve has said maps can be 32768 inches per dimension, which allows about 171 acres in a map. Walking from corner to corner at 5 mph would take around 8 and a half minutes.

It remains to be seen how flexible these limitations are.

no that whould be the latter 2 links, they describe EOD, so read on it, then vote, walk into it with both eyes open, seriously

Ive played EoD before; I didnt like it all that much.

People have been discussing moving Desert Combat to HL2, but they just have too many vehicles and other stuff to move over.

EoD on the other hand doesnt revolve around vehicles, so it might work out fairly good.

~My 2 cents

I would switch just becaus EA stole their Idea and is coming out with Battlefield Vietnam. Id be pissed that I wasnt involved in that as the EOD team.

EA didn't steal it because they started making it september of 2002 which is way before the start of EOD. How do I know this, there was a poll on their main site and the question was,What timeperiod would you like the next Battlefield in. The choices where vietnam,ww1,future,modern. Guess what won vietnam, I guess DICE keeps their word when it comes to that. BTW it's not DICE that makes all these non-SDK kind of choices it's EA Games. And the publisher of half-life 2 VUG,their mother company VU is selling, If my sources are correct then I think this will be sold to one of the 10 bidders and guess what EA Games,Microsoft are all in that 10.

o.o Eve of Destruction is the name of my guild in Ragnarok Online....

Back