Source??

Lt. Drebin

Tank
Reaction score
How's it goin guys, I'm new here...I have a quick question for ya.

Is CS:S a complete upgrade for CS?? Like does it upgrade the graphics engine and the physics or is it only a physics upgrade??

I figured they were wrong, but someone said it only upgraded the physics in CS and the original HL1, whenever thats released.

Thx guys.

Lt. Drebin said:
How's it goin guys, I'm new here...I have a quick question for ya.

Is CS:S a complete upgrade for CS?? Like does it upgrade the graphics engine and the physics or is it only a physics upgrade??

I figured they were wrong, but someone said it only upgraded the physics in CS and the original HL1, whenever thats released.

Thx guys.
CS:S is CS but on the source engine, and with some of the Source features, such as physics, ragdolls, improved textures, larger maps, better voice support.

HL1:S is likely to just be a straight copy of the HL1 files to the Source engine, might have the odd neat feature in it, but wont be as different as say, DoomGL is compared to the original Doom. It'll just be a simple copy over with a few things thrown in.

Also bigger skyboxes. Bigger sky boxes = more realisticness. More realisticness = more fun. More fun = more money for VALVe. More money for VALVe = more developement in games. More development in games = more fun. Its a continuous loop :p

actually i read that HL1:S is going to be the original but completely redone in source

Yeah in CSS beta someone was like "I thought this was supposed to be the HL2 engine?" and im like "IT IS!" And hes like "no way..." and im like wtf?

TST_Devgru Seal said:
Also bigger skyboxes. Bigger sky boxes = more realisticness. More realisticness = more fun. More fun = more money for VALVe. More money for VALVe = more developement in games. More development in games = more fun. Its a continuous loop :p

You make no sense.

Back