SourceBot Creation Help

Reaction score
Hey, i'm kind of a noob to this site but in trying to figure out how to create a SourceBot. I'v seen a few on Half-Life 2 Death Match and they seem pretty cool. I'v talked to a person who has made one and he's told me that you need a few programs and txt. files and other things to make them have programed responses for things that you say to them. I wanted to make one that when you say the bot's name it with respond and you may ask it questions or statments. Can anyone help with this? Thanks.

well you might have better luck over yonder --> http://www.halflife2.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90

TO INSTALL THIS, SIMPLY DRAG THE ADDONS FOLDER INTO YOUR GAME FOLDER, AND LET IT MERGE WITH THE ADDONS FOLDER ALREADY THERE.

TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR BOT, GO TO THE DATA FOLDER (addons/sourcemod/data)...

CHANGING BASIC BOT INFO::

1.Open bot_config.txt

2.Edit the name and age.

3.If you want the bot to spawn when you start the map, leave the "SpawnOnStart" value as yes, otherwise put it as no.

4.If you want the bot to spawn use a player slot, leave the "UsePlayerSlot" value as yes, otherwise put it as no.

5. Set the default speed of the bot. (1-5).

6. If you are using a game other than hl2dm, the "Model" value MUST BE CHANGED. Make sure you use the full path of the model when changing it. (models/whatever/whatever/whatever.mdl)

7. If you want the bot to float higher or lower from the ground, set its float height.

CHANGING BOT BASIC RESPONSES::

1. Open bot_responses.txt

2. Look at each section, and change some of the values on the RIGHT, if you want the bot to say different things. Experiment a little to see what gets said when.
For every new response you add, order them numerically, and don't skip a number. Don't exceed the max amount either.

3. Do not add any new sections, as these are useless. If you want to add new triggers, open bot_customresponses.txt.

ADDING CUSTOM RESPONSES::

1. Open bot_customresponses.txt

2. Follow the format, and add any new triggers and responses that you want. The trigger goes on the left, and the response goes on the right.

DO NOT EDIT BOT_MEMORY.

That's It! Have fun with your SourceBot!

Okay actually i now have the same exact one except there is no addons folder in Hlaf-Life2 DM or in dedicated server, so i have it with nowhere to merge it with now. Any help there?

Back