Soy - Healthy or Deadly?

I steam or boil broccoli and put some in my fried rice recipe. Or steamed Broccoli and melted cheese?! ****, son. Also broccoli and [ranch or onion] dip. Mother****er what? Look at this ****ing shit right here, etc.

Humans also need meat survive imho. The only reason we are able to survive on plants is by the fact that we are knowledgeable enough to supplement meat, and readily supply ourselves with exotic grains/plants.

Unfermented soy isn't a very good quality food for humans i'm afraid.
There are a lot of articles with extreme viewpoints making it out as a poison, it's nothing like that but as a person who has studied nutrition for the last 5 years i can recommend consuming very limited quantities.
At the very least it certainly shouldn't be in 'health food' lists and be promoted as it is.

The main issues with unfermented soy (i.e TVP, soy protein, soy milk products) are:

-High phytic acid and oxalic acid contents, these strongly bind to minerals in the gut and will lead to mineral deficiencies, most people are deficient in magnesium in the western world due to a combination of low magnesium intake and intake of mineral chelating phytochemical 'antinutrients' (such as phytic acid) magnesium deficiency is a key factor in diabetes and heart disease.

-Phytoestrogens, this is a much mis-understood area of nutrition some people see the word "estrogen" and instantly presume it'll give you bitch tits and shrink your balls, the truth is many plant phytoestrogens are weaker than endogenous human estradiol they can have a 'blocking' effect on estrogen receptors actually lowering estrogenic effects in people with high endogenous estrogen, lowering cancer levels.
However, generally if you are a healthy person with a good endocrine system they do nothing or have a negative effect on endocrine status by upsetting homeostasis.
The biggest factor in high edogenous estrogen today is obeseity.

-Protease inhibitors etc, beans and grains naturally contain compounds that have evolved as a mechanism to make them less useful as a food item to predators, cooking and processing reduces these to a certain extent but certain protein compounds like lectins have a remnant after cooking.
If you were to eat raw beans (strongly advised not to) you would feel the full effects, research kidney bean lectin poisoning to see this.

-Low nutrient quality, soy is a nutrient sparse food, especially when you consider the antinutrients.

Generally it's a cheap to produce, low quality food, a large profit can be made on soy so there has been much infiltration of dietary advice sectors by the soy industry, a commonplace activity.

Fermented soy is ok in small amounts in diets, the fermentation breaks down many of the antinutrients and creates some B-vitamins and vitamin K in the process, traditionally all asian soy consumption was in a fermented state.
Miso, tempeh, soy sauce etc.

This is all the same things I've been reading.

For someone that may involuntarily vomit if I eat meat, I have to find other things. About the only meat I can eat is eggs (most consider it a meat). Anyway, I'll be eating a lot of dairy. Whey protein shakes FTW.

Hmmm, are you allergic? My sister's friend is vegan because she's allergic to pretty much all animal products (as in a burger will put her in anaphalactic(sp?) shock).

I'm not allergic, but it triggers my gag reflex. It would be like eating slugs or larvae to you guys.

How 'bout some tasty salmon? Or shellfish?

Humans also need meat survive imho. The only reason we are able to survive on plants is by the fact that we are knowledgeable enough to supplement meat, and readily supply ourselves with exotic grains/plants.
Not really. AFAIK, my family's religion has been vegetarian since who knows how long, and they probably only ate indigenous food what 5000 years ago. There's some meat that has what they say you 'need', I put that in quotes because it's probably some complimentary bullshit, not really necessary for life function.

I tried plenty of meats, I just don't care for any of it.

People were raving about shrimp. I was already in my 20's before I had ever tried it. I was a steam cook at a seafood restaurant, so I gave it a shot with some cocktail sauce, despite its unappetizing look. It just really had no taste. Sort of fried rubbery.

Tuna sandwich is pretty good if you've worked up an appetite, but the scent kind of puts me off usually.

I basically grew up eating only chicken, pork chops, bacon, and occasionally tuna fish or steak. I generally never liked ground beef. But ever since I was born, I've just never liked it.

I had discovered that I could 'cheat' by making chocolate whey protein milk shakes. I was lifting weights and making good gains off 0 meat. So, after working at a slaughterhouse last year (where I nearly threw up on the orientation tour), I decided to quit eating meat.

A few moths ago, I was offered to try a veggieburger as a guest, and it was ****ing insane. I was starved, and I nearly ****ing bit my hand off eating it. It was a special blend of all kinds of veggie ingredients. They have many different varieties. They taste pretty awesome on a sandwich with some serious sauces and condiments.

So, I thought I was set. I bought like 40 boxes and filled my freezer with them several times. But those are gone, and I'll just finish off the last couple boxes over a period of time, and I won't be buying them anymore after this.

Virus... did your parents ever give you meat as a child? I always had lunchmeat for school lunch every day, so I ate meat alot.

^ Woah... Read that again. Sounds sexual.

My parents were divorced, my Mom had to work a lot to raise 4 children, so I almost always had to make my own lunches or she would give me lunch money.

I would buy the school lunch and never ate any of the meat, which meant I was malnourished, only eating breads basically, since I didn't like vegetables either.

When I made my own, I used to make bread sandwiches, sugar sandwiches, mayonnaise sandwiches, and occasionally that ultra thin sliced lunch meat beef with mayonnaise.

It's ****ed up and I'm bitter that nobody noticed or cared that I had special eating requirements. When you throw away your entire lunch in disgust nearly every day, where the **** was anyone to raise an eyebrow?

Once when I was in jail, they asked me if I had any special meal requirements, and I said, "yeah. I don't eat meat." No questions asked, from then on, I got peanut butter and jelly and stuff like that. Amazing that only in jail was I cared for properly.

EDIT:
When I was about 10, my grandfather offered 100 dollars if I could put on 10 pounds, and I did it in like 4 days.

When I was like 11, my cousin and I used to compare heights to see who was taller. My uncle told me that you have to eat vegetables if you want to be tall. So, I started eating vegetables frequently. So, I'm tall.

My parents were divorced, my Mom had to work a lot to raise 4 children, so I almost always had to make my own lunches or she would give me lunch money.

I would buy the school lunch and never ate any of the meat, which meant I was malnourished, only eating breads basically, since I didn't like vegetables either.

When I made my own, I used to make bread sandwiches, sugar sandwiches, mayonnaise sandwiches, and occasionally that ultra thin sliced lunch meat beef with mayonnaise.

It's ****ed up and I'm bitter that nobody noticed or cared that I had special eating requirements. When you throw away your entire lunch in disgust nearly every day, where the **** was anyone to raise an eyebrow?

Once when I was in jail, they asked me if I had any special meal requirements, and I said, "yeah. I don't eat meat." No questions asked, from then on, I got peanut butter and jelly and stuff like that. Amazing that only in jail was I cared for properly.

EDIT:
When I was about 10, my grandfather offered 100 dollars if I could put on 10 pounds, and I did it in like 4 days.

When I was like 11, my cousin and I used to compare heights to see who was taller. My uncle told me that you have to eat vegetables if you want to be tall. So, I started eating vegetables frequently. So, I'm tall.

Crap... I gotta start eatin some veggies now. I'm pretty damn short.

I rarely drink milk because I don't want a f**ckin kidney stone ripping the hell out of the inside of my penis.

Back