SP or MP first?

MP first, when I get bored of it I'll jump on SP. It better be a damn good MP mode or Valve is gonna hear about it.

Oh yeah, and hey Valve, how about telling us WHAT THE F*CK the MP is? Some of us are actually considering buying this game for it.....:rolleyes:

I usually don't play the MP portion of the game before the SP portion, because, the MP portion usually contains most of the weaponry and stuff from the SP portion. That, to me, is a huge spoiler of stuff in the SP experience..

F#)

Dunno, i might play hl2 for a while then get a quick taster of mp

I'm going to be a complete bastard to myself and mess around in mp a bit and maybe the ports before I try sp.

I can't wait to play singleplayer but I luv to be cruel to myself! :devil:

Bicka said:
I'm going to be a complete bastard to myself and mess around in mp a bit and maybe the ports before I try sp.

I can't wait to play singleplayer but I luv to be cruel to myself! :devil:

do you like to spank yourself?

HL2 has 36 hours of gameplay even for the advanced... I'll try to do atleast 5 hours of it then go on to CS multiplayer so i don't spoil anything for myself

seriously, no offence. but whats with these crazy questions popping up.

"will you read your manual" "will you play single player or multiplayer" "who wants to see gordons legs?"

i just want a release date, and ill probally keep myself from all gaming forums for a while.

The 36 hours is if you don't stop every 10 feet to look and play with all the cool physical objects and stuff! AND quick loading all the cool sequences. This will atleast double the playtime for SP. Then I will play through the entire thing again, on a harder mode, and trying some different things.

I would still pay all $50 if HL2 didn't have any MP at all.

x84D80Yx said:
seriously, no offence. but whats with these crazy questions popping up.

"will you read your manual" "will you play single player or multiplayer" "who wants to see gordons legs?"

i just want a release date, and ill probally keep myself from all gaming forums for a while.

I though you were joking about the gordons leg thread, i laughed when i realised it actually exists :p

yeah thats the sad thing, im scared of whats going to pop up once a release date is out. so ill just limit myself from forums until its out.

SP first of course, It adds feel to MP when you get around to it I think. And like someone said, there will be plenty of time for MP later.

As for the SP or hazard course question, definately hazard course, you just KNOW there is going to be some kick ass things in there that show of the physics and get you familiar with the way the new enviroment works.

I'll probably play SP for a while/until I get stuck/until I die so many times I get annoyed at those damn combine, then I'll see what multiplayer is like.

i agree.

It's likely i'll only play single player. Maybe one day i'll be really bored and then have a multiplayer session.

SP first, just to get the hang of the game, and after a couple of days i'll go and try-out the Mp

but who am i kidding anyway :(

iamaelephant said:
MP first, when I get bored of it I'll jump on SP. It better be a damn good MP mode or Valve is gonna hear about it.

Oh yeah, and hey Valve, how about telling us WHAT THE F*CK the MP is? Some of us are actually considering buying this game for it.....:rolleyes:
you have a point there, Valve should give us some info on the MP, because a lot of ppl are buying it for the MP mode

I don't think you need to worry about MP much, i don't think it will change drastically.

Definetly Single Player.

Unlike most people, I actually enjoy single player games.

But I'm definetly going to play multiplayer too.

I CANT WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT! The first day after everyone gets their fill on SP we'll all go onto MP and there wont be any killing whatsoever just "oooohhh, aahhhhh" (and maybe someone will get killed by a flung chair or sumtin) and everyone will just stand there and all you'll see is gordon clones rotating and looking around at the awesome scenery and great opportunities for great fun (like, u see buggy, u see ramp and window, on other side of window u see barrels, thru the barrels u see a player, then it's only common sense what you'd do) for like a week. I'ma try killing a person with a matress (press em into a wall and hold it there).

There's always been an element of toilet humour in games, i'd like to kill a combine with a toilet.

Back