Speculation...

Killa_TJH

Reaction score
I am a major DOD fan. I was playing in one of my favorite servers yesterday and I asked the admin if the server was going to port over to DoD:Source upon it's release. The guy said yes and then he mentioned that they would have a 64 player server..... I thought he had gotten his shit mixed up or had just been playing too much Battlefield: 1942. I asked him about it more and he said that he had talked to one of the guys who was getting info about DoD: SOurce in order to set up a dedicated server once it was released and mentioned that this other fellow had talked to some of the people working on the game and the guy said that there would be 64 player servers. Has anyone heard anything about this or is this just pure speculation?

We already know Source is capable of 64 players - it's only a matter of time before maps come out supporting this number of people.

64 is quite a lot.

It means collosal battles, but huge frustration. I'm curious to see how it is utilized.

And my mum's cousins daughter told her son that his girlfriend's step-mother's great great grandmother pre-loaded hl2 before your uncle's 2nd cousin's next door neighbours pet's collarbone was ever broken by ted's father's outdoor suitable axe???

Interesting though all the same..... 64 players would be awesome...

Source supports up to 256 players. Of course, it would be crazy to even try to host that much.

The Thing said:
Source supports up to 256 players. Of course, it would be crazy to even try to host that much.

WHOA.... WTF? Are you serious? That's pretty insane. Some MMORPG's don't even support that many people. Yeah, hosting that shit would be hell..... You'd have to have a NASA supercomputer for that much CPU usage.

I'd love to see 64 player DoD games. Source's netcode is amazing and I would enjoy whooping 63 other people's asses...

Back