Spent all night fighting a virus

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
Christmas seems to hate me this year. First my main computer wont boot at all (suspecting mobo failure), and now my dads PC got ****ed over with viruses, but i think i fixed it for now.

It all started when i opened Word. A weird fullscreen window opened, but it was empty. I then noticed that Windows Firewall turned itself off. Then a bunch of weird programs popped up asking to be installed. I checked the task manager and noticed a shitload of viruses started to appear. I quickly turned the computer off. When i turned it on, i did a virus scan during which the computer turned itself off. Since then it wouldnt boot, it would just continously restart at the windows loading screen. I then took the hard drive from my other computer (it has Windows 7 on it) and hooked it up as the main HDD. Booted into Windows 7 and quickly backed up all the files from the original HDD. Did a virus scan and found all the little ****ers and destroyed them. Unplugged the HDD and put everything back to its original state.

Still didnt work. So i popped in the Windows XP cd and did a repair. That shit took HOURS :flame: It would occasionally ask for weird files that were missing, so i had to insert a utility CD and select the files manually. However, after selecting a specific file, the mouse and keyboard became unresponsive, so i couldnt click OK. "****" i thought, theres nothing i can do right? Well i noticed i could browse the computer while selecting the files from the CD, so i just restarted the whole repair process, but this time i copied every single file and folder from the utility CD onto the C drive (the default location where it was searching for the files). This took forever, but sure enough it didnt ask me to click OK every freaking second. My mouse and keyboard became unresponsive again but since i didnt have to click OK it continued on repairing. After a while they came back to life.

The repair finished, i restarted computer and i worked!!! YAYY i thought...WRONG. It takes lightyears to log into an account. Things are VERY buggy. This all happened while my dad was asleep (this is his computer) so hopefully he wont notice a thing. I just need to convince him to let me install Windows 7. This current XP installation is old as ****, no wonder things are slow as hell.

TLDR Virus tried to rape me but i battled it all night and won. I also got a free blowjob from a hot naked chick.

Did you find out what virus it was? That sounds like a doozy.

If you were wondering who gave you the virus it was probably the hot naked chick. Did she happen to mention her software programming abilities while engaging you?

It takes lightyears to log into an account. Things are VERY buggy.
You need to install the chipset drivers, particularly for onboard video.

If you backed up all his files (and scanned them) If I were you, I'd format the drive and do a clean install. (If you have the full OS, and not just a repair disc)

Back