split from qckbeam's thread

Shuzer

Reaction score
CyberSh33p said:
what?! no, why? Did I miss something? I wish I knew why you were leaving =\ you were one of the better forum members. the kind whose posts I actually read. I'll miss ya =[

come back soon please

Die, commie. :)

Anyone think there's a chance qckbeam will come back and post one last message, and, maybe include a quick reason as to why he must leave in such haste?

Pressure said:
Hey now! :flame:
Hmm...hmmm indeed
If I say, "Commies suck!" then this will turn into a flame war...
If I say, "Let's not turn this into a flame war" then this will become a more pleasant thread...
What to do...
Well, because it's qckbeam's last thread...
Let's not turn this into a flame war for qckbeam's sake.

u see mods. this is what is going to happen if you start telling other people your posts are useless.

We lost one of the best members of these forums. :(

G0rgon said:
u see mods. this is what is going to happen if you start telling other people your posts are useless.

We lost one of the best members of these forums. :(
What a ****ing stupid thing to say G0rgon. We lose qckbeam one of the best guys on here and you, your still here

Fenric said:
What a ****ing stupid thing to say G0rgon. We lose qckbeam one of the best guys on here and you, your still here
What a consolation :|

Bye qckbeam. I hope you're not away for too long. Come back soon.
:cheers:

Fenric said:

ruff! ahem..

qckbeam, wherever you're going and whatever you're doing, you should always know you have a home and a group of friends here. best of luck for the future, live long and prosper etc. :)

Fenric said:

Stupid think to say?

huh

You must ask yourself why we lost him? :(

the answer is : because of you mods. :frown:

AudioRage said:
How the hell do you know that?

I was there yesterday and I read their posts. :S

they were calling his posts meaningless and irrelevant to the subject.

I don't know why this site's mods are always looking for a perfect member.

I must tell you mods. out of 13000 members, non are perfect !!!!

I highly doubt that has anything to do with why he's leaving.

And unless he told you why he's leaving, Don't point fingers.

If we were looking for the perfect member Gorgon, we certainly wouldn't have you here. I also fail to see any evidence of what you've just said anywhere.

Gorgon, banned for 10 days to think about the crap he's coming out with. If he had any brains he'd realise HE is the problem and that qckbeam left for personal reasons

In future Gorgon, THINK before you post anything, your nothing but a problem looking for a place to happen these days.

Fenric said:
Gorgon, banned for 10 days to think about the crap he's coming out with. If he had any brains he'd realise HE is the problem and that qckbeam left for personal reasons

In future Gorgon, THINK before you post anything, your nothing but a problem looking for a place to happen these days.
Not to mention the fact that really, by now he'd have a permanant ban if we hadn't been so lenient with him, so Gorgon, bare that in mind. Perhaps if you'd like to have the ban lifted sooner you'll find a way to stop acting like an ass and come and pay your respect to qckbeam instead of ruining the thread.

qckbeam, we're all obviously going to miss you. If for whatever reason you do decide to come back, we'll all be here for you. As someone said we are your friends and family and we're here if you need us.

Fenric said:

lol... u banned him :p

on topic:

new sig!

Chris_D said:
Not to mention the fact that really, by now he'd have a permanant ban if we hadn't been so lenient with him, so Gorgon, bare that in mind. Perhaps if you'd like to have the ban lifted sooner you'll find a way to stop acting like an ass and come and pay your respect to qckbeam instead of ruining the thread.

Chris im not saying anything to u or anyone here in particular including mods/staff but i honestly think u guys are too lenient to pple like Gorgon.. i started coming here in early June and this guy quickly showed his colours.. yet he was given chance after chance to be a civil and contributing member here..

but finally when he was let back in here for a 3rd time (i think it was 3rd time? might be more <shrug> ) and he continued to make crude comments i came to the conclusion that no matter what a user does here.. he will eventually be welcomed here again.. so really.. theres no real repercautions(sp?) he was dealt.. :|

but whatever.. i don't own the site and i don't pay the bills.. i'll just continue to ignore idiots like him and over look the fact that the staff here are a bit lenient :|

i agree with freeman...i'm glad you guys are giving him the 10 day ban, but how many strikes is this guy gonna get? the only way i see for him to change is to just stop posting :|

We'll speak to Gorgon once his temporary ban has been lifted. If we don't see a change in attitude then he'll be gone forever, and no, he won't just be able to sign up with another version of the word "Gorgon", "G0rgon", "G0rg0n", "Gr0gg0g0g0000n"¬"£^"!".

Chris_D said:
We'll speak to Gorgon once his temporary ban has been lifted. If we don't see a change in attitude then he'll be gone forever, and no, he won't just be able to sign up with another version of the word "Gorgon", "G0rgon", "G0rg0n", "Gr0gg0g0g0000n"¬"£^"!".

all due respect Chris.. and i think u know that ur not only well respected by me but u also know i think ur one of the best guys here..

honestly tho.. as long as the fruitcake comes back.. i don't see things changing.. guess i should be used to it tho since this would be what? his 4th time being welcomed back? :|

I think we should make a poll.

Please Vote Gorgon will change or not.

Matrix, we don't need a poll

Tony, doesn't matter, if he tries to come back when he's banned, we'll just keep banning him, you now need to wait for a confirmation email before you can post, so we'll often catch it before anyone even knows. If he comes back as someone else and hasn't changed, he'll give himself away soon enough

Matrix302 said:
Fenric --what did Gorgon do?

He's had alot of past offenses. Search for his posts, alot of them aren't too well thought out.. personally, I never had a problem with G0rgon, but, his warez talk was getting a bit annoying

Also, I agree, blaming the mods for qckbeams depature was retarded, short-sighted and unfounded.

Fat Tony! said:
Unless he has a dynamic ip perhaps?
We'd find it a lot easier to ban all of his accounts than he would creating account after account after account for each time he wants to join again.

He'd have to sign up, provide all details, a new email address. Upon sign up his computer scans all of the recent IPs he's used before so we can see by checking his new IP if he is indeed Gorgon etc. etc.

We'd win.

I read his posts and some are very odd. I admit He got alot of nice threads.

Chris_D said:
Upon sign up his computer scans all of the recent IPs he's used before so we can see by checking his new IP if he is indeed Gorgon etc. etc.

um.. why do I doubt vBulletine is that advanced? And what do you mean by "his computer scans all of the recent IPs he's used before?"

I don't know how it works exactly.

But if I had a dynamic IP address and I got banned, but managed to get round it by creating a new account; if I came back and an admin was suspicious that I had another account or I was banned before they could find out my current IP address and then do a search on that IP address to see if the person had had a previous account.

It would come up with Chris_D.

Chris_D said:
I don't know how it works exactly.

But if I had a dynamic IP address and I got banned, but managed to get round it by creating a new account; if I came back and an admin was suspicious that I had another account or I was banned before they could find out my current IP address and then do a search on that IP address to see if the person had had a previous account.

It would come up with Chris_D.
The forums keep a record of every IP you use. So a bit of checking and crosschecking we'd easily be able to track a repeat offender down eventually. Not only that but those who try pull it off usually give themselves away eventually. Either accidently, or in te way they type or they tell someone and that someone tells us *grins*

everyone feel free to shop your friends, we'll reward it with a gold star :E

he can still view the forums just not post....thats what he said...i have his msnm...hi g0rgon

Fenric said:
The forums keep a record of every IP you use. So a bit of checking and crosschecking we'd easily be able to track a repeat offender down eventually. Not only that but those who try pull it off usually give themselves away eventually. Either accidently, or in te way they type or they tell someone and that someone tells us *grins*

everyone feel free to shop your friends, we'll reward it with a gold star :E

doesn't that seem like a huge waste of resources? i mean, hunting down and tracking all these IPs and keeping the disruptive members out and potentially neglecting the other tasks which probably include the day to day running and checking of the forums. just seems like a lot of hard work when you could email them 'look sunny jim, you change your ways or we'll send big fenric round to sort you out, alright?!!.

do you catch people often? i mean it can't really be a very common occurence, or is it? just doesn't seem like something someone would go to the trouble of unless they'd been banned.

(*whispers* btw i think that matrix guy is gorgon....the writing style)

OK IM MAD ,... ATTENTION ALL MODS!!!!! ok guys listen up...qckbeam cant even game on the computer anymore!!!...just think if hes not hear for hl2!!!. omg. He signed up for this community!!! he was active poster..and now..he cant use the computer.....because he was a member of this community???? thats wrong....stop the gay threads delete them dont just lock them...and start getting movin now!!!!

Dedalus said:
doesn't that seem like a huge waste of resources? i mean, hunting down and tracking all these IPs and keeping the disruptive members out and potentially neglecting the other tasks which probably include the day to day running and checking of the forums. just seems like a lot of hard work when you could email them 'look sunny jim, you change your ways or we'll send big fenric round to sort you out, alright?!!.

do you catch people often? i mean it can't really be a very common occurence, or is it? just doesn't seem like something someone would go to the trouble of unless they'd been banned.

(*whispers* btw i think that matrix guy is gorgon....the writing style)
Then you'd be quite right. I've known that for a while. And yes, we do catch a lot of people like that.

Code:
217.44.97.189 : host217-44-97-189.range217-44.btcentralplus.com 
[b]G0rgon   217.44.97.189   [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User] [/b]
147.197.181.97   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 

[b]and so on and so on....[/b]

81.152.245.223   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.77.152.201   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 

[b]Matrix302   217.44.97.189   [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User] [/b]
217.44.97.171   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
217.44.97.178   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
217.44.97.186   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
217.44.97.191   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.152.187.74   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.152.187.85   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.152.187.87   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.152.188.232   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.152.190.43   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.152.190.55   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.152.190.62   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.152.245.203   [Find More Users with this IP Address] 
81.152.245.218   [Find More Users with this IP Address]

Gorgon has approximately 200 IP addresses listed under his name.

Pauly said:
a lot of those ips are similiar

are those all the ips gorgon used? because they look like they're from the london area (mine is similar). also they may be numerically close because they're in the same building...gorgon goes to a university in north london..a computer lab maybe

if not forgive, thus 4 pints doth settle in thine stomach

Yeah along with about 190 others. I couldn't post them all because of the 10,000 character limit.

All of them were used by G0rgon/Matrix.

Back