stairs

POWDERKEG

Reaction score
anyone know a good tutorial to make some kick ass stairs?

Make a block short enough to be walked over.

Repeat.

POWDERKEG said:
anyone know a good tutorial to make some kick ass stairs?

Look for some prefabs. There are many resources out there.

Google, google, google!

Or, learn how to map.

Rounded staircases are a bit harder, but definently not impossible.

showNOmercy said:
Look for some prefabs. There are many resources out there.

Google, google, google!
Are we really so incapable of the simple task of making blocks that we need a prefab for stairs? :p

Come on, making stairs is easy. If you can't figure this out, you need to practice mapping more anyway.

Pesmerga said:
****ing owned!

I rather enjoy summing up entire tutorials in three sentences or less (with no loss of detail).

Raeven0 said:
I rather enjoy summing up entire tutorials in three sentences or less (with no loss of detail).

Got a three sentence tutorial for learning C++? ;)

Pesmerga said:
Got a three sentence tutorial for learning C++? ;)
Errr... Download the Source SDK mod code and start reading. A select few of us can learn by osmosis well enough that we'll be masters of C++ in no time. :D

Nah, only tutorials over topics so trivial that they shouldn't have been written in the first place can be shortened...

omgwtfbbq!!!111oneoneone

Don't forget the part where you turn the entire staircase into a func_detail. ;)

Define 'kickass' in the context of stairs.

btw there are dev textures in the dev/ folder that provide a guide for stairs if you want to use the handrail models and staircase wall textures (the ones where the paint stripe is sloped.

Raeven0 said:
Are we really so incapable of the simple task of making blocks that we need a prefab for stairs? :p

That was for him to help learn some basics. I have found a few prefabs to be helpful in learning new techniques. Not so different than a tut.

I make my own prefabs all the time just to try and save some time. Some people don't have all the time in the world to make stuff from scratch!!! :p

thanx for the info, even those who were blatently rude...

and i new about the block stuff i just didnt want to take the time to shift click, cause i really dont have as much time as i would like to have to map

Back