Stalker Beta impressions?

So is the game going to come with two renderers (DX8 and DX9) as is the case with this beta? Cause with the DX8 renderer and static lightning I get 70-100 fps, otherwise it's about 20. ;/

Is anybody willing to share a beta key when they are done with it?

I'm canadian and I'm in

hmm.. Thats odd- a bunch of other forums said to register as UK because it didnt let anyone else in.

It does not appear to work though anymore. And I tried a few weeks ago and didnt work.

excellent game.
oh this is fun... found hte first hacker

he has both some kind of wall hack, and bullet pierceing hack. i was just playing artifact hunt and was on the blue team. as soon as any of us walked out side of the buy zone we were killed. the entire other team told us he was hacking. we kept being killed buy the 2nd tier shotgun i beleive. from what i can tell he was sitting inside the their buy zone and killing us from there.

must be hes not quite in the buy zone, since hes 53-2.
LOL :LOL:

by the way - Stalker was reviewed by a german gaming magazine and they gave it a 9.0

why the **** doesn't FP have it yet ARRRRR

Yea this is getting annoying.... I thought it was going to be yesterday for sure.

review said:
The game offers some interesting gameplay mechanics such as radiation (preventing campers from staying too long in one place) and anomalies. The later range from deadly electric blasts to more harmless gravitational vortexes. A nice touch that affects gameplay is the day/night cycle and the weather system. During the day it can be quite difficult to sneak up to a sniper, but when night falls things are different. Unless you are unlucky and lightning strikes just as you enter the snipers field of view you should be able to come very near without revealing your presence.

It’s been a while since I had so much fun in an online FPS - hiding in an abandoned warehouse in the middle of a stormy night and noticing a shadowy silhouette on the wall was quite possibly the best online moment I have ever experienced.
droool

I played it....the weapon skins suck

EDIT:pM me if you want to play the beta.

Why doesn't FP release their damn keys!

Gah!

This Key I have only works sometimes,so I hope I get one on Monday.

Game runs smooth as silk with everything turned up...

But for some reason whenever it rains or there's thunder and lightening, I get what looks like a laser light show... I don't see rain drops or lightening bolts, just weird colors.

Maybe the key doesn't work because you're both probably using it at the same time?
Oh, and I quite like the weapon skins, but to each man his own eh.

Maybe the key doesn't work because you're both probably using it at the same time?
Oh, and I quite like the weapon skins, but to each man his own eh.

It's really the animations and unresponsiveness that gets to me in regards to the weapons, it's like "click..............fire", and don't get me started on reloads, nothing has weight or resistance, it's possibly the most awkward and glitchy looking thing I've ever seen.

On the plus side of things, atmosphere wise, this is the most gorgeous entry into the FPS genre I've seen since Half-Life 2, it's not so much the resolution or polygons (of which are not overtly impressive) but rather the attention to realism and immersion with variety of dying shrubbery, broken down warehouses and train tracks and half completed construction projects. The result is epic scale cat and mouse in one of the eeriest and gritty game worlds I've ever experienced.

I sincerely hope that they tighten up the netcode and animations before launch, because otherwise it's been a great experience.

Also, Aenama, the cd-key you gave me is bogus.

Did you use a generator or something?

The netcode is actually pretty poor playing online. There is defeinetly potential to the game though! The atmosphere is oh so sweet. The player's sort of jerk around on screen making it really hard to shoot someone.

Also, Aenama, the cd-key you gave me is bogus.

Did you use a generator or something?

Yeah man dont say you got a key if you really dont :angry: j/k i dont care it comes out tomm on file planet.

Yeah this sucks....I signed up to fileplanet for one month because of this.....if they don't release them before the end of the month i'm gonna be pissed. :( Well ok, maybe not pissed, but I will be annoyed.

very true, id rather have a game with great physics and gameplay rather than graphics....perhaps something along the lines of shooting someone in the foot and having them limp...the hours of fun you could have with that :)

Or hitting a mutant with a frypan :|

Ok I'm officially annoyed....I mean WTH. The whole month has come and gone and I have no key. Have they not started giving them out yet, or have they given them out and i didn't get one? If it's the latter then I am doubly pissed because it didn't say anywhere on there that there was a limited amount of keys. Does anyone know anything at all?

My guess is that they've have issues with security, alot of keys have been locked and removed from beta users because they've given'em out to others to share.

there's also a newer version of the beta ..this one actually doesnt crash on me every five minutes but there's only a few servers with anyone actually playing

This whole STALKER MP Beta deal is a mess.

They would've been better off just making it public.

Back