stalker, just another far cry, isn't it ??

Synthos said:
watched preview for fear.
cs in doom 3 (like?) engine with a telekenetic girl... whoopie.

stalker is equally uninteresting so far...

i feel that fear will just be another doom 3.

Neutrino said:
Just pointing out how stupid he sounded, heh.

But oh god, please no. The word "pwn3d" just makes me cringe uncontrollably. Every time I hear it I can feel another neuron bite the dust.

:p

S'ok, I can respect a man/woman who defends a game named after his/her favourite past time. I'm sure if you take your head out of your arse for long enough, you'll get it...eventually :O

Newbie's Journey said:
hl2 is hl2, the world, the plot, the gameplay and even the ennemies are different from those u can find in doom3, far cry and stalker. Name a monster in hl2, u just can't name any, cuz they ain't monsters.
Aliens and monster are basically the same thing. And just like alot of people say about hl2 (previously d3) dont judge it until you play it. STALKER looks great so far.

Ruuustar said:
S'ok, I can respect a man/woman who defends a game named after his/her favourite past time. I'm sure if you take your head out of your arse for long enough, you'll get it...eventually :O

A game named after my favorite past time? What? Stalker you mean? Fear? I stalk people? I fear people? I'm sure you were trying to insult me, but I'm not sure how. So I'll just say, "Ouch! You sure got me with that one. Good show ol' chap!" to save you the trouble of having to explain anything to someone with his head up his arse. ;)

I think the open-ended/RPG aspects of STALKER really set it apart from the crowd. Looks way cool. Its kinda like a FPS Morrowind.

Sparta said:
That's my worry too ;(

yes both doom3 and fear looks tremedously similar, the lights, the darkness, the fear and the blood on the floor. After doom3, i got enough of horror and blood. No more fear.

Stalker sounds fun. Only complaint is it might be nonlinear up to the point where it gets boring fast.

Neutrino said:
A game named after my favorite past time? What? Stalker you mean? Fear? I stalk people? I fear people? I'm sure you were trying to insult me, but I'm not sure how. So I'll just say, "Ouch! You sure got me with that one. Good show ol' chap!" to save you the trouble of having to explain anything to someone with his head up his arse. ;)

It's ok buddy, some people are short, some people are bold. You're just a bit slow. Nobody's perfect! Don't worry, I didn't really expect you to understand. Shame, I thought you might at least get it after a while, but no. Guess I overestimated you. Clear thought will come to you one day young one. Now go on, run along and finish your colouring in. And remember not to go over the black lines!

Sparta said:
Stalker's engine is amazing and the concept is pretty damn original but i haven't seen anything interesting from the gameplay so far

QFE

It all looks nice in pictures, and the developers make nice big claims, the concept is appealing. But what they've showed in video's only gets a big yawn out of me..

1st post here
what alot of people seem to be forgetting(or not realising in the 1st place) there will be two versions of the game, a Dx8 version and a Dx9 version, and all of the movies and images (bar a few) have been rendered in Dx8, when they show more of the Dynamic Real Time lighting and heat haze etc in the external enviroments this game will look absouloutly incredable

Tinneth said:
No its not another Far Cry...Far Cry actually managed to impress me a little bit..Stalker does not. Everything about Stalker just looks bad.

Everything about it looks bad? That's a pretty ignorant thing to say. Surely you can see some potential for it? Hell you must've seen the realtime day/night effects in the game right? Surely you're not saying that looks bad too? 'Cause to say "everything" looks bad is not really a credible statement. I don't wanna sound like I'm defending the game, 'cause I'm one of it's skeptics.

DarkStar said:
I think the open-ended/RPG aspects of STALKER really set it apart from the crowd. Looks way cool. Its kinda like a FPS Morrowind.

... oohhh just what I wanted to say. *runs back to morrowind*

Farrowlesparrow said:
It doesn't appeal to me really...Not that there seems to be anything wrong with it exactly, it just doesn't stand out as anything I would want so much. I'm waiting for Hl2 and Bloodlines ;)

I agree here. HL2 has everything to keep me busy for...ever. :bounce:

Please dont compare this game to HL2 and Far Cry as those games are out and out FPS shooters. STALKER is primarily an RPG game played in a dynamic world where you can go anywhere at any time and choose what you want to do. The fact that its played in an FPS style is a mere bonus for us fans of HL2. The gameworld in stalker will be similar to that of both morrowind and the GTA series as in those games you can choose what missions you what to do but you can ignore the missions if you wish and just go off exploring!

Games such as Doom 3, F.E.A.R, Far Cry and HL2 wont have those elements as you will only have one path to choose through the game and you have to do the levels in order without the ability to visit anywhere else in the game.

Neutrino said:
Just pointing out how stupid he sounded, heh.

But oh god, please no. The word "pwn3d" just makes me cringe uncontrollably. Every time I hear it I can feel another neuron bite the dust.

/me tries to break neutrino

pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d pwn3d !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

as for stalker, it doesn't look very innovative or interesting to me, just anothe rkill the mutants game, kind of blah.

I'm very anxious over Stalker and I think it's great to see small developer houses in eastern europe countries doing big projects, I have alot of sympathy for these guys, I hope the game turns out to be a big hit.

Newbie's Journey said:
yes both doom3 and fear looks tremedously similar, the lights, the darkness, the fear and the blood on the floor. After doom3, i got enough of horror and blood. No more fear.

The difference is that fear looks like it may be scary, relying on more than cheap shocks to make people jump. The videos suggest a more psychological experience (one of the sequences with the little girl made me jump more than all of Doom 3 combined)

The combat and locations also look varied and involving, another thing that Doom 3 lacks greatly.

Doom 3 isn't a horror game(unless a few blood decals dotted around equals a horror game) - it's Quake 2, without much action, in the dark :/

If Stalker is another Far Cry then I'd better pre-order now.

Back