Star Wars: Empire at War

Pressure

Reaction score
A few days ago Petrogylph, a company comprised of old Westwood employees, released some screenshots of their new RTS game Star Wars: Empire at War. All screenshots were taken from GameSpot. In my opinion the game is looking pretty good. Look for this game to be released later this year.

925180_20050119_screen001.jpg

925180_20050119_screen002.jpg

925180_20050119_screen003.jpg

925180_20050119_screen004.jpg

925180_20050119_screen005.jpg

925180_20050119_screen006.jpg

925180_20050119_screen007.jpg

925180_20050119_screen008.jpg

925180_20050119_screen009.jpg

925180_20050119_screen010.jpg

925180_20050119_screen021.jpg

925180_20050119_screen022.jpg

925180_20050119_screen023.jpg

Sorry for the multiple posts but theres an image limit.

A good Star Wars RTS combined with a Homeworld-esque space component? Sounds good to me.

Hahaha. Finally. My brother and I emailed Westwood and Lucasarts ages ago...like when the first C&C came out. We were saying we wanted an RTS game like C&C but in the Star Wars world that would include ground and space battles. After so many years...

Here it is :p

I DEMAND ROYALTIES!!!

We really need a 'decent' star wars rts. I have been waiting for one for years, hopefully this will deliver.

The graphics look amazing... let's hope the developers don't put them in a higher priority than gameplay. If they pull ir off, however- this could be an amazing game. I like the new veichles they've added- like the TIE tank :LOL:

oh god, this will pwn! why? old westwood employees! westwood pwns! (till ea bought them =( that is)

The thumbnails on the GameSpot page look impressive enough but at this point at time I can see neither the images in this thread or the full images on the actual GS site :eek:

Sounds brilliant mind. Star Wars... Westwood... Space... Ground... the possibility of an epic sci-fi RTS that doesn't suck! Wow!

I love the idea for making my own army of star destroyers...that would be AWESOME!

Funny, one screenshot looks ultra realistic and smooth, the next looks all cartoony. Looks nice though.

I hope it's more than just plant buildings down, get resources, build a million troops, click on enemy. But I doubt it will be. Well... at least it will look good.

The thumbnails on the GameSpot page look impressive enough but at this point at time I can see neither the images in this thread or the full images on the actual GS site

Sounds brilliant mind. Star Wars... Westwood... Space... Ground... the possibility of an epic sci-fi RTS that doesn't suck! Wow!
I think I had that problem once. It might've been something to do with my router. Try opening port 80, that might not work though :p.

I hope this game comes out within the next couple months. Like... along the same time as battlefield 2 :-P So I can splurge.

Im speechless. *Grabs kleenex* I'll be back in 5.

the storm troopers heads look a bit weird, but overall, i cant wait

I suppose they are still going to tweak up the graphics, although right now it looks pretty decent already.

I hope both parts ( Space and land battles ) have good gameplay and that there is some strategy behind it. ( IMO space battles control should be somehow like Homeworld , and land battles like Ground Control )

Holy crap! Space combat AND ground combat!? Man those old westwodders sure know what the hell they are doing!

Very nice!

Looks really cool...! Been waiting for something like this..

From what it looks like the way the units are set up when you build let's say Storm Troopers you don't get just one but a whole group that you can't seperate. Same with the light vehicles like those motorcycle things. As for the tanks and the AT-AT walker it looks like you only get one. I may be wrong, there might just be a group formation button.

aside from the space scene, the game is looking excellent.

Reading into it and looking at the images, I'm wondering if it'll play quite as good as it looks- planes for the space battles do sound a bit constrictive... immobile capital ships? I still have spasms because of those daft unmoving battle ships on Zero Hour :sleep:

And yeah, Farrow- I'd been waiting ages for them to drop a hint too :D

I still remember the day I bought Star Wars: Force Commander. I was so excited initially but then after just a few minutes of playing I realized I had made one of the worst purchasing decisions of my life. It was a horrible game.

Hopefully this will finally be the Star Wars RTS I have been wanting for years.

Back