Star Wars Galaxies

Re: An Explanation

Originally posted by K e r b e r o s
Zerimski,

Yea. I messed up--Im taking your warning because I need more control.

However, I don't appreciate that you bash a game that crashed on your system.

The game did'nt run on your system--but it ran fine on my 500mhz Pentium III computer; get me a host for my pics if you want them.

I don't know about anyone else, but I say that if a game crashes so catastrophically as to corrupt the boot sector, I say that's rather good grounds to bash it. And read my post. I can play it, I have played it. I was late for work this morning because I was up late playing it last night. I've enjoyed some aspects of it, but there are some aspects that I did not, and continue not to enjoy.

I am going to give it another go. Not because your ranting persuaded me, but because it pains me to throw away £35 without trying to make a go of it.

And I'm glad you took the warning, but it will be your last.

honestly...i don't get how you came to the conclusion that all of us who said SWG sucks have low-end systems.

nobody posted their specs...one person said the game crashed their system and destroyed their boot sector (look that up cause you don't know what it is)...nobody said anything about performance issues.

the problem people have is that SWG isn't fun at all...
Quests are as followed : Go to point x (usually a 20 minute walk) kill a giant log that spawns more annoying things that stand at you feet and peck killing you. Then if you die you have to spend a further 20 minutes walking back to your corspe - lameness.

i just can't get enough of that explanation...i've never seen a game summed up so well. you couldn't even explain pac-man in that many sentences.

DarkleP

What do you mean on that? You've never studied my intellectual or thinking capabilties to where you could give a diagnosis on what my level of thinking is--so what are you trying to prove by giving your hearsay, as if you've known by, some ignorant blissful cognition I was a trouble maker all along? Pathetic attempts to use words to instill guilt and helplessness I say. :) Tsk Tsk!

Oh, how the hypocritical have befallen us :eek:

So what are you trying to prove by giving your hearsay, as if you've known by, some ignorant blissful cognition, that all our computers are rubbish?

Pathetic attempts to use words to instill guilt and helplessness I say. :) Tsk Tsk

So what have you been doing in the past couple of posts on this thread?

Re: Re: An Explanation

Originally posted by Zerimski
I don't know about anyone else, but I say that if a game crashes so catastrophically as to corrupt the boot sector, I say that's rather good grounds to bash it.

I was actually toying with the idea of getting it as it did look/sound like it could be fun (and I'm running out of places to visit in morrowind and BG2 :)) I know any piece of software could be capable of something like that, but since there's a proven chance it can do, and has done that to a drive, I'm a bit unsure now, thanks for the heads up.

aww I hate it when people take back there opinion because theyre under strain, its such a weasly thing todo.

DarkleP

What do you mean on that? You've never studied my intellectual or thinking capabilties to where you could give a diagnosis on what my level of thinking is--so what are you trying to prove by giving your hearsay, as if you've known by, some ignorant blissful cognition I was a trouble maker all along? Pathetic attempts to use words to instill guilt and helplessness I say. :) Tsk Tsk!

This is the first time I posted flames, and it just might be the last--however, in this time, I think its unfair that you people could (not saying you had however) diss a game some can't even run, or for some, that was'nt there gaming style to begin with.

Yea, I might get banned. Be glad--if thats the only light thats ever turned on in your life; you lead some very uneventful ones.

Theres no excuse to what I did:

Flame you all for your opinions--which was especially stupid of me.

I apologize directly to Azz0r firstly,

I did'nt need to do what I said. I think thats all I need to say to you from the matters of how I was flamming you, and everything else people were saying.

Zerimski,

Yea. I messed up--Im taking your warning because I need more control.

However, I don't appreciate that you bash a game that crashed on your system.

The game did'nt run on your system--but it ran fine on my 500mhz Pentium III computer; get me a host for my pics if you want them.

CrabCakes,

I did'nt want to explode like that--that was'nt me to begin with; though there are delete buttons for each of my topics, that would'nt be good of me.

Sorry about what I did--I should've summed my thoughts up at best by saying: "I disagree with you".

Sorry I caused you so much trouble.

Sorry, bloody ****ing sorry. Thats not going to save me though; and im not concerned about being saved--I just want to patch up something to the community before I'm probably banned.

As for me, vacation time. :)

*Point's finger* N00B N00B!!! Look look look, headcrab!!!

/Runs away laughing

Big thanks to K e r b e r o s for giving me multiple laughs.

Now he just has to work at making people laugh with him rather than at him.

*wakes up*
*reads thread*
:eek:
You people seem to have been busy while I was sleeping =)
I think I'll give KOTOR a try and see how that pans out, especially after downloading that trailer. Looks very impressive :thumbs:

Back