Stealth Gaming?

inkined

Reaction score
will you b able 2 sneak about in half life like in deus ex? could you stick to the shadows and not be seen or crawl thru a vent?

I sure hope you don't have to be stealthy in some parts. I like being able to whatever game style appeals to me at the time.

No one but Valve, and their employes, know this, so no one can give you an answer that isn't simply a best guess.

No matter what every single FPS game insists on giving you the level where you've been stripped of all your weapons and have to STEALTHILY get to some area.

It's number 1 on in the book of FPS cliches.

I read somewhere that it's not necessarily stealth orientated, but you can hide from enemies, and the AI will even allow you to distract them with thrown objects (I think)... I believe that was in one of the online previews...

Excuse me very much, but i for one am sick and tired of sneaking in games.

Lately we've had Deus Ex 2 (p.o.s. imho), Hitman1/2/super mega turbo x, Thief 3, Splinter Cell something something(royal p.o.f.s.!) etc. etc. et infinitum. Enough is enough!

If it was me, i wouldn't even dream of adding it to HL2.

Gabe said that it wont be like Thief. Don't worry about it.

Is it really that hard to add an extra few letters to words to make them actually coherant?

I think it'd be cool if there would be in some parts of the game at least two routes. Stealth route and an "action-route". If you have very low health and armor you could go from the stealh route. And if you want to, you can just take "teh (c)rush-'n'-kill" (the cool one) route. :)

it would be nice if you can sneak past certain enemies that are huge and you have limited ammo you know..

cause that was way you don't have to get yuor arse kick..
stealth would be great for ambushes and it creates a feel of a dynamic living world for example in manhunt if you run away when you are spotted and hide immediately then the ai runs past you too look for you in the other zone.. allowing a suprise sneak attack. i thought that was slick but thats the purpose of that game

i hope its there in hl 2 as game play but if you play on hard which i will be then the ai should be able to hear see and smell you so i doubt if stealth is gonna work at all if they the ai is supper smart.

I'm sure you'll be able to sneak past some in certain opportunities. After all, the AI wouldn't be that realistic if they always knew where you were. It'll probably be possible, but not integral.

You have seen the videos, there is stealth in a way. in trap town, none of the combine know he is on the roof, he is "spying" on them, then he attacks.

I don't want much stealth, but you know there is gonna be some mission where Striders are patrolling the streets and you damn well better avoid them.

stealth = ghey , but it adds another mood to a part of the game ...

I liked in HL1 when I enemies were caught off guard, facing the other direction. Nothing like slipping a high explosive under their legs and letting it rip. It happened infrequently though, which made it special and not-gimmicky, I think they should stick to the rare occurances of stealth ability in Hl2.

Stealth missions in FPS games always suck big time. For example, the stealthy mission in Soldier of Fortune 2. Whats the point in a stealth mission where you cant make a noise or kill anyone with a gun...in a FIRST PERSON SHOOTER...where you have to SHOOT PEOPLE.

I love stealth id be disappointed if you cant use stealth at times. Its cool to sneak up on people and knife them or slip past them

The option to sneak is at least desirable. I hope they include it.

Back