steam and hl2 illegal?

I can't believe people are having such a fuss over it. People are looking for anything to do wrong to this company for making either A.) A successful game or B.) A game they didn't enjoy as much as they thought.

^Ben said:
I think the people who want this to go ahead should have no updates and none of the benefits of steam, like updated games or a multiplayer component.

Nah, the court would probably order them to update.

So update once every two years and give them a 5 gigabyte download that's hosted on a 10 hour wait from Fileplanet.

Why is Steam illegal? The only thing the article mentions (that is directly related to Valve or Vivendi) is that Germany is making Vivendi make the internet requirement more noticable on the box (just like the toilet brush that needed the warning “Do not use for personal hygiene”), and that "Valve would be acting illegally in blocking any sale of the game from one person to another." Both points are questionable and aren't very damning against Steam anyways.

The main issue is not that Steam is illegal but that some people can't get it to work so they should be entitled to a refund (which is similar to other merchandise). Just because you don't like Steam, doesn't mean you should "organise some mates and complain" (though I'm using that quote out of context because the original meaning was to do it like the Germans-- to improve noticability of the internet requirement on the box and NOT to disallow Steam). And.... if you are *somehow* going to take Steam down, can you at least let me get the Lost Coast level, HDR and the new CS:S/HL2DM maps first?

You can "sell" HL2, you just sell the cd key and give a free steam account with it.

I think people need to realise nothing can have a 100% uptime it's just the nature of the I.T. beast, don't like it? Get a console.

th3Phallex said:
who the hell reads 'the Inquirer' anyways?

haven't you seen those terribly-doctored photos at the supermarket?

I hope you're joking. If not, you might want to realize that sometimes, magazines/newspapers/etc in DIFFERENT COUNTRIES have the same name.

Back