steam ban bullshit!

cschaef13

Reaction score
this day was absolutely retarded did nothing wrong purchased my wonderful version of hl2 1 week after it was released been playin' since and now what do you know out of nowhere BAN. I havent done anything i dont know what they are talking about thanks for ruining my christmas valve. Now i get to fork out 60 buck more that i am saving to buy a new vid card JC

I think his account got banned for 'no reason at all'.

If you have ever used any pirated cd keys on any valve game on your steam account, it'll get banned sooner or later. Judging from the wording of the shacknews article, it looks like this will include pirated copies of HL1 and it's mods, and valve will keep periodically mass banning.

actually no reason at all i am not even kidding around here i am not some hacker, if i was do you think i would take my time to come here and bitch about losing my hacked account when they just go out and make a new one? Didnt think so. Anywho i have everything here in front of me box, cds, cdkey, cdslips, and receipt from store, and receipt from steam i mean jesus

cschaef13 said:
actually no reason at all i am not even kidding around here i am not some hacker, if i was do you think i would take my time to come here and bitch about losing my hacked account when they just go out and make a new one? Didnt think so. Anywho i have everything here in front of me box, cds, cdkey, cdslips, and receipt from store, and receipt from steam i mean jesus
Ahh... the smell of bullshit in the morning.

Receipt from Steam? There is no receipt from steam.

why dont you Email them explaining your problem nicely not :frown: at them it might be just a mistake and youl probly get your ban back to normal. Or phone them on the suport on the back of the cd/ DVD case

Phone 08710 75 26 21
between 0900-2100 Mon-Sat

calls just cost 10p a minute

Email: [email protected]

Hope you get some luck

Biggleska said:
Ahh... the smell of bullshit in the morning.

Receipt from Steam? There is no receipt from steam.

Bahahah Owned! Keep it up the good work, valve :D

MigaS_tX said:
Bahahah Owned! Keep it up the good work, valve :D
No, not owned at all. Ofcourse there is a bloody receipt, I remember it coming up on screen when I made my credit card payment, though I can't remember if I had the option to print it or not... Even if I didn't I could have made a screenshot and printed that... And even I didn't do that I will always have my credit card bill which will forever be valid proof of purchase under any law in any country.

Revenge said:
No, not owned at all. Ofcourse there is a bloody receipt, I remember it coming up on screen when I made my credit card payment, though I can't remember if I had the option to print it or not... Even if I didn't I could have made a screenshot and printed that... And even I didn't do that I will always have my credit card bill which will forever be valid proof of purchase under any law in any country.

Yeah, when you purchase through Steam, but is there a receipt through retail? Can't remember it.

SSSSSUUuuuuuuuuuRRRRRRRReeeeeee!

:eek: contact valve if you mean it. :/

PvtRyan said:
Yeah, when you purchase through Steam, but is there a receipt through retail? Can't remember it.

If you bought it via retail, then the store you bought it from would have given you a receipt.

Revenge said:
If you bought it via retail, then the store you bought it from would have given you a receipt.

He bought it through retail, and has a Steam receipt. Odd? ;)

Well theres no real use posting in here, in steam forums you would probably get it shut down. So why not email them?, if it is legit

Hmm... Seems you have me there...

Just reread the guy's posts... cschaef13, you should probably be aware that VAC bans and piracy bans are per account and not per game. If you installed a pirated version of counter strike: condition zero and a fully legal copy of HL2, your account will still get terminated all the same and you wont be able to play either game, as is stated in the Steam Subscriber Agreement that you agreed to when you installed Steam.

that's why smart people make up a different account so their original account wont get screwed up. I was gonna try to get HL2 for free on another account (even though I was gonna buy it...didnt have money at the time and im impatient)...but I couldnt get it to work. O well, got my paycheck, bought HL2, and looove it. So glad I didn't pirate this amazing piece of software :D. Both a sorry to Valve for tryin to cheat, and a thanks to Valve for making a great game which I paid for. Still have the receipt e-mail in my e-mail.

Why is it some people laugh at an account being banned over "Pirated HL2 or other Valve games", and yet...I GUARENTEE there a PLLLLEENNTTTY of people with a cracked Windows XP Pro that CAN get SP2 and stuff. I did, but luckily I got an OEM version of XP Pro from work :D

Heh, the guy said he has the box and stuff all in front of him, receipt from the store, and receipt from steam. He bought 'two' copies of the game? Hrm.

I have a retail copy and I have a Steam receipt... it asks you if you want to print one out after it verifies your cd-key.

diluted said:
I have a retail copy and I have a Steam receipt... it asks you if you want to print one out after it verifies your cd-key.

AHh, I see. I wouldn't know because I only bought steam.

Raziaar said:
AHh, I see. I wouldn't know because I only bought steam.

Same here. Well, i had retail bought for me... but i've not used the cd key yet.

if you have a genuine problem why didn't you call valve's tech support line or mail them?

isn't that what you would normally do with a faulty product etc?

You should contact valve/steam. No use posting here really.

Yeah, to get it through your head a little bit better...

Contact Valve/Steam for support on your problem

Hah, You most likely entered one of the CD-keys that would "get you HL2 for free". It was explained in the Email why you got disabled.

It's funny how no "regulars" to this forum have been banned, maybe the regulars purchase their software legally?

mortiz said:
It's funny how no "regulars" to this forum have been banned, maybe the regulars purchase their software legally?

Or we are good shoplifters :D (j/k)

Come on people this person has been banned br mistake. Just because Valve banned him doesn't mean he's a warez monkey. Every body makes mistakes and im sure if he sends them his reciept he will be unbanned.

If i remember I bought retail and after registering and just before activation it gives you a receipt or at least gives you the option of printing one.

How do you know his cousin didn't try to activate an illegal CD key on his computer/steam accnt and he didn't know about it?

But the thing is, they tell you why you get banned in the email you receive. Most people got banned because they tried one of the CD keys that "got you Half-Life 2 for free" and got banned because of that. I doubt they would ban anyone by mistake. If they did then that would only be a few isolated cases. And I read the exact same post as his first one here on the steam forums.

I've seen this type of thread countless times on the Steam forums. Someone protests their innocence all the way through until a Valve employee comes in and reveals that they've tried to use a non-authorised CD key 5 times.

Valve keeps track of everything. The number of failed log ons, the number of times you've tried to validate a product or buy something through Steam. If you enter an invalid credit card number they'll know and be on to you. If you post from a Steampowered forum account they'll be able to trace the IP back to your actual Steam account.

I really doubt this is a mistake. He probably just tried to use an invalid credit card number thinking that it wouldn't be something that they could track.

cschaef13 said:

Yes, I do. Someone find that posting in at steams forums where the guy rants about being banned and a dev comes on and explains how he tried a bunch of different fake/stolen credit cards and got caught.

And you've probably tried using a key generator to autheticate a purchase of HL:source or something like the others.

cschaef13 said:
Anywho i have everything here in front of me box, cds, cdkey, cdslips, and receipt from store, and receipt from steam i mean jesus
cschaef13 said:
I remember it coming up on screen when I made my credit card payment

Something doesn't quite add up here.. I don't think buying the retail boxed version requires any type of online credit card payment. I think he is lieing.

skipper said:
why dont you Email them explaining your problem nicely not :frown: at them it might be just a mistake and youl probly get your ban back to normal. Or phone them on the suport on the back of the cd/ DVD case

Phone 08710 75 26 21
between 0900-2100 Mon-Sat

calls just cost 10p a minute

Email: [email protected]

Hope you get some luck

Vivendi wont do jack for him.

Back