steam ban bullshit!

It does sound fishy, but I don't think he stole a copy.

Think this because Valve doesn't ban account's for theft and piracy, they disable them.

You get banned for cheating in games like Counter Strike that have VAC enabled.

Have you ever done any CS hacking/cheating in the past? Can never forget your past i'm affraid (my teacher knows that all too well after the stinkbomb incident last year)

sinkoman said:
It does sound fishy, but I don't think he stole a copy.

Think this because Valve doesn't ban account's for theft and piracy, they disable them.

You get banned for cheating in games like Counter Strike that have VAC enabled.

Have you ever done any CS hacking/cheating in the past? Can never forget your past i'm affraid (my teacher knows that all too well after the stinkbomb incident last year)

Hold the phone there bub, they now have schools in Hawaii?

Dumb Dude said:
Something doesn't quite add up here.. I don't think buying the retail boxed version requires any type of online credit card payment.

Speaking as another guy who bought the retail version, it most certainly does not.

I remember the first time loading HL2, am box comes up with a receipt message. An option is to print receipt.

valve proably runs a script every month or so that sees if any one user has tried to input invaild cd-keys x amount of times (proably 5 or 3) and the such then sort thru the list the script outputs it proably more complex than that though.

ray_MAN said:
I remember the first time loading HL2, am box comes up with a receipt message. An option is to print receipt.

Yes but he bought a box copy from a store. The only reciept I remember getting with my collectors edition copy was from gamestop (overpriced bastards).

Hmh..weird. I was gonna say just make a new account and use the cd for that but that might also get you banned..

This 'cs chafey' character is further proof of my theory:
Valve banned only the people who either use far too many or far too few capital letters and periods in their sentences.

Brilliant strategy!

Yes yes, I know about the reciept you get when you activate your retail version because I also have the retail version. But this guy said somthing about a credit card reciept. To me, an inconsistancy like this has lead me to beleive that his story is a lie.

hmm. Now that I think of it, I seem to recal steam asking me for a reciept, what, I think it was after I activated it.I declined though. Probably a bad idea.

PvtRyan said:
He bought it through retail, and has a Steam receipt. Odd? ;)

No, i got a receipt too, after the retail version went through all that registration stuff. Had the option of printing it, but my printer wasn't connected up at the time.

Tell you what, if I was banned wrongly, the first I would say wouldn't have been 'Damn, now I got to pay 60 bucks again'.

Guy probably tried one to many dodgy credit cards over steam before he bought the game a week later...busted.

kirovman said:
No, i got a receipt too, after the retail version went through all that registration stuff. Had the option of printing it, but my printer wasn't connected up at the time.

Same here. I remember it now.

Odd though that he has stopped posting after we bring up the whole reciept. The credit card reciept might just be a statement from capital one/visa/mastercard etc, but I find it fishy that he stopped posting.

But he would be disabled if he stole something or tried to. My guess is still he cheated in CS a few years back.

Bicka said:
Tell you what, if I was banned wrongly, the first I would say wouldn't have been 'Damn, now I got to pay 60 bucks again'.

Guy probably tried one to many dodgy credit cards over steam before he bought the game a week later...busted.

Agreed. If I were "banned", I wouldnt waste my time posting here, I'd mail my receipt and email address to Valve.

I really have to agree with Dumb Dude here; unless the guy bought both Steam and Retail and installed them under the same account, something doesn't add up. I mean first he says he has the retail box and receipt in front of him, then he says he had to pay it with a credit card thru Steam! I mean wtf? How dumb does he think we are??

sinkoman said:
But he would be disabled if he stole something or tried to. My guess is still he cheated in CS a few years back.

Aha, it's suprising what comes back to bite you!

i bought retail activated my game and also got a recipt but i have yer to rpint it out. its sitting in my print queue as we speak

SixThree said:
Hold the phone there bub, they now have schools in Hawaii?

BUB, i've been living in Hawaii my whole life, gotta go to school somewhere.

"HO BRA, GET CHOKE SCHOO'S HEA!"

Kirovman said:
Aha, it's suprising what comes back to bite you!

Yups. I even read on the steam forums somebody say, you get banned for cheating, and your account DISABLED for theft.

And it's quite odd how he STILL hasn't come back to discuss his problems. Either he's got graveyard shift or there's something he doesn't want to reply to.

PvtRyan said:
He bought it through retail, and has a Steam receipt. Odd? ;)
Yes, steam does give your a receipt once you've added the HL2 retail key to your account. I've got mine printed and with my ISP stuff in case anything ever goes wrong with my account.

Back