steam bandwith increase..next preload phase?

I think this is becuse of the second preloading phase?

ferd said:
the CS:S team works seperate from the HL2 team...so CS:S develoment wont delay HL2's development...

//ontopic

All those things cant be a coincidence, i'm starting to get excited :D

im not talking about development here. im talking about gold, hl2 could be developed 100% and it wouldn't matter, if there isn't a working MP component to ship with it, it aint goin gold.

Good point.

I wonder if you're right...maybe CS:Source is delaying HL2...

Baal said:
Good point.

I wonder if you're right...maybe CS:Source is delaying HL2...

If this is true (and we'll never know), I would be really angry. Delay HL2 so you can rerelease a port (and one I don't care about)? Ack.

What's to stop CS:S still being in Beta when Half-Life 2 is released?

The only way that CS:S is delaying the release of Half-Life 2 is because people will find bugs with the Source engine.

They didn't need the extra bandwidth anyways. It didn't seem to help much, most of us had trouble downloading it even though the used bandwidth never got close to the bandwidth available.

Thier network isn't operating very efficiently. :(

RogueShadow said:
They didn't need the extra bandwidth anyways. It didn't seem to help much, most of us had trouble downloading it even though the used bandwidth never got close to the bandwidth available.

Thier network isn't operating very efficiently. :(

Well, the bandwidth available probably takes into account filtered servers. Ones that only some people can use (like special ones for ISPs). So it wouldn't approach the top but all the unfiltered bandwidth would be used.

Anyway, the point of preloading is that people don't all try to download it at once.

There are many stages to the preload, apparently. Just because another segment preloads doesnt mean it will go gold. There may be 1-3 more preloads before the gold announcement.

i had no problems preloading took 15 minutes start to finish.

otomo said:
i had no problems preloading took 15 minutes start to finish.
I'm not sure how that could be...I've got a cable modem that runs close to the rate of a T-1 and it took me 40 minutes...what do you have? A LAN to VALVe?

im not kidding it was done by time i ate dinner. 15 minutes 20 tops.

Sickmind said:
I'm not sure how that could be...I've got a cable modem that runs close to the rate of a T-1 and it took me 40 minutes...what do you have? A LAN to VALVe?

Many people have cable modems and such that give them 6mbps downstream, that's 4 times the downstream of a T1 line.
The upload is surely lame, but that's the point of a T1, to have it both ways.

Back