Steam - Blue Shift

Hungry_Gamer

Reaction score
After only recently getting into Steam I have found that HL: Blue Shift is not downloadable. I have every game off Steam but not Blue Shift (I mainly want it for the HD Pack). They DO NOT sell the game retail where I am (AUS)

For some reason, Blue Shift has not been made available through Steam yet. I hope they do soon though :)

If you meant AUS as in AUstralian then blue shift is available here.
Steam said long ago that blueshift cdkeys werent able for use on steam so by that i assume that blueshift wont be available over steam.

Blue Shift keys are the same type as your standard HL key, and they work just fine on Steam. They don't get you Blue Shift on Steam though.

They dont own the rights to it anymore so they cant make it available.

why not, ritual made blue-shift and ritual also helped with the steam platform. (i thought)

blue-shift isn't in steam because of an slightly change engine

The slightly changed engine thing is aload of crap.

CZ uses a modified engine.
CSS uses a totally diffrent engine.

Uhh Hungry, dude, where in Aust do you live? Most of the local shops here have Blue Shift. And I live on the Gold Coast.

He might mean Austria and not Australia.

u can easly download it and play it no prob since its not online

I think that Valve doesn't want it there...yet. They are still promoting steam and therefore only the "good" games are in there.

Half-Life: Great Game (TFC and Ricochet and Deathmatch CLassic come with it by default)
Opposing Force: Great Expansion
Codename Gordon: The best 2d game in the Half-Life Universe!! (by default)

And we all know how Valve are going nuts with Counter-strike.

Anyway, I would like to see it on Steam, but it just isn't really necessary now with the CS:Source beta and Half-Life 2 just around the corner.

Just deductive reasoning.

Hehehe sorry for the delayed response (no Internet at Home) ok to answer some questions that have been asked.

(1) I am from AUS or Australia

(2) In Perth, WA

(3) I have been everywhere looking for it (Target, Kmart, EB, Second Hand) and I cannot find it.

Hungry_Gamer said:
Hehehe sorry for the delayed response (no Internet at Home) ok to answer some questions that have been asked.

(2) In Perth, WA

(3) I have been everywhere looking for it (Target, Kmart, EB, Second Hand) and I cannot find it.

That's unlucky, as my local EB has at least 3 copies of BS sitting on the shelf from when I was there last (A week ago). You could always get the Platinum Pack 2, but that's a little pricey for just BS.

i got problem with blueshift i have the game but when i put in the computer it cannot find the cd

Hungry_Gamer said:

(2) In Perth, WA

Ah a fellow Perthian, Greetings

Gamespot have the HiDef Pack (For Steam) in there free download section
dlx.gamespot.com
Search for Half Life Hi Definition Pack

You say you dont have internet at home well gamespot have there own downloading program, hopfully where you have the net you can use it.

As for not seeing it in the shops are you sure? I have seen it here and there, pretty sure EB in the city has a copy as well last time i looked.

Back