Steam Folder Size

B

Banana

How big is everyone's Steam Folder?

I havent gotten steam to work well just yet and i have only told it it install halflife and cs. It told me that that would take like 800megs but my steam folder is almost 1.3 gigs, and steam is still downloading something.

Ugh... and they allegedly improved HD management. My folder is about 1GB and HL and CS cache files are the bulk of it.

Does this seem right? Hell even the new Steam download is like 400 megs with CS. What is all this extra stuff? I know that the cache allocates space but i hope its not allocating space for the games i havent chosen to install.

Analyze your HD with defragmenter, you'll be amazed to see what steam does with your disk...

Mines 3.14GB and still it needs to update before I can play any game..

Can I just point out the updates don't take up any more space, the cache file is created at however maybe megabytes large, and it stays that size as updates are written into it.

He probably has multiple accounts and each one has the incredibly large cache files.

get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1,2 or even 3 gigs isnt that much compaired to todays HDD's

nearly 2GB's. But for some reason my halflife folder is still there and thats another gig, so all together its over 3GB's. I think I might just delete everything valve related and start over.

Anubis

size 887 MB (930_137_090 bytes), only have CS right now but it's good enough for me : )

Originally posted by sayam
get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1,2 or even 3 gigs isnt that much compaired to todays HDD's

hey jerk my computers 3 years old with 20 gb hardrive and i have 4 or 5 gb available so 2 or 3 can affect the performance of my computer greatly.

join the LESHLP!

Low-end System Half-life players!

Originally posted by sayam

****tard:flame:

Too Big

My Floder is 4.96Gb :( Im very Sad right now because My weekly backup needs a whole DVD just for steam... Isent there anyway we can go in and delete the usless cache without messing everything up?

Ive got CS Bronze, and only one account.

Attachments

• ahhh.jpg
    ahhh.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 254
Mines a little over 19. Tons of half-life 1 mods.. all steam games, and 10's of thousands of screenshots.

Mines 8.68GB >.< Only one acct, I have CS, CSS, HL, HL2, HL2:DM. and the SDK.

Alright Jreeve, this is an important lesson : Don't revive old or dead threads. The last time someone posted in this thread before you replied was 14-09-2003, which is about 2 years. This means the thread is dead. Now, Community Game Support isn't watched carefully, but if you do this in other subforums of HL2.net you might be facing a temporary ban real soon.

Anyways, my steam folder is 18,4 GB.

13.3 gigs...well i have a 120 gig drive...damn thats a lot for one folder

I can see reviving a two or three month old thread on accident, but how on earth do you revive a nearly 3 year old thread?

7.55 gig, with 1 extra mod installed and like 5 of the games in the list installed, no extra content, woo...

Mines 13.2 GB's. My garry's mod folder takes up alot of space.

11.7gb (deleted the games I don't ever play)

5.6 GB -- Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source

Both CS: S and HL: S each have about 15% left to download. Compared to several other shooters I've played, this isn't too bad at all. Unreal Tournament 2004 takes up about 7 GB. Role-playing games are usually even bigger.

16.4GB

I win.

... and that's still less than 6% of my total storage capacity. :p

Back