Steam For Linux Celebration Sale Now On

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Prepare your wallets, because the latest Steam sale has arrived. This time, Valve are celebrating the arrival of Linux on Steam with the "Steam For Linux Celebration Sale". The sale will run from Thursday 14th February until the 21st February at 10am PST. Over 50 games are currently featured at reductions of around 50%-80%, making this a great time for the 1.12% of Steam users who run Ubuntu to begin to build up their games library. A few great titles currently on sale include Bastion, World of Goo and of course - Half-Life, all of which are reduced by 75%. Remember, any games you buy in the Steam store are available on multiple platforms, so you don't necessarily have to be a Linux user to take part.

pyro-png.23983
Linux users can also log into Team Fortress 2 at anytime in February to receive the special "Tux" Linux Penguin cosmetic item, which is available to any player who signs into the game on Ubuntu before March 2013. The Valve Store has also added a pair of new Team Fortress 2 themed RED/BLU Linux T-shirts, which you can check out here and here.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 14,200
  • Pyro.PNG
    Pyro.PNG
    165.5 KB · Views: 12,995
I have a small problem. I have a computer running Linux in the basement, but it is too old to run TF2. Would I get it if I launch the game, but it fails?

I have a small problem. I have a computer running Linux in the basement, but it is too old to run TF2. Would I get it if I launch the game, but it fails?
I think if you can make it to the main menu, then the game will give you your item.

Well, I installed the desktop version just for two things -

Never messed with it before, but been wanting to.

And, I want that item for TF2...

Yeah, I'm hopeless, lol. :indy:

Well, I'm running Linux at the moment, but I don't know what I should get. I've got about $11 in my steam wallet if anybody wants to recommend a game or two.

Well, I'm running Linux at the moment, but I don't know what I should get. I've got about $11 in my steam wallet if anybody wants to recommend a game or two.
Bastion, World of Goo and maybe FTL. If you have a buddy to play with, try Trine 2.

OMG PROMO! MUST HAVE! ok so lets get back to installing that ubuntu thing

Anyone played the Penumbra games? I've got a spare £3.50 in my wallet and was thinking of getting the double pack.

Anyone played the Penumbra games? I've got a spare £3.50 in my wallet and was thinking of getting the double pack.

I did. They're great, puzzle games. Especially the first one.

bobtheskull Penumbra Overture and Black Plague are great as horror games, adventure games and puzzle games. Requiem (comes with Black Plague Gold) falls a bit flat but the first two are well worth that price. They'll have you shitting yourself.

Back