Steam Games not working now?

Risiko

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems starting up games with Steam?

Give it a few minutes...Mine wouldn't load, so I just left it one time, and it eventually loaded. Now it loads fast every time.

Originally posted by as'rek
Give it a few minutes...Mine wouldn't load, so I just left it one time, and it eventually loaded. Now it loads fast every time.
I left it alone for half an hour once, and still nothing, though I'm 56k maybe I should leave it longer.

If it is your first time playing that game on Steam wait until the game is finished downloading.

If it is CS and you have played it before... check to see if a new patch is downloading and wait for it to finish.

If it's a third party mod wait until Half-Life is 100% downloaded.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

steam works like a charm for me...had 0 problems with it so far..fast and stable .:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:

Originally posted by ||Diablo||
steam works like a charm for me...had 0 problems with it so far..fast and stable .:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro:
Agreed.
:cheers:

i double-click Steam and all i get is the time-glass-loading-thing for a second, then nothing

I cannot connect to the steam master server either

Me too! Try to load a game (CS, DOD...) and it says that the game in unavailable and I should try again.

What's goin' on? Worked fine (well, relatively) before.

I double-click on Counter-Strike to start my game and it says "Preparing to play Counter-Strike" then it flashes the CS splash image and then it disappears and the game doesnt load????????????

Anybody else have the same problem?

Back