Steam Greenlight is live!

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Valve's anticipated Steam Greenlight system is open for business. There are already just over fifty games crying out for your attention with that number increasing quickly every few minutes. The site uses the same system as the Steam Workshop, allowing developers to upload videos, pictures and give a brief description of the game, as well as links to any official site, to attract attention for their game. Users give the project a thumbs up or thumbs down as well as add it to a favourite list.

greenlight-jpg.23751

The purpose of the site is to see which games get the most attention from the community to help Valve judge which games to allow on to their Steam service. Valve have been criticised in the past for being inconsistent with their game vetting process and this will allow the community to take up some of that burden.

What are you waiting for? Go see what's on offer.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 24,827
  • greenlight.jpg
    greenlight.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 13,886
Why does everything have oh so retro such an indie hipsterr graphics or look like a Facebook game? I only voted for that one platformer which just got Kickstart funded.

I'm disappointed.

It's a decent split between Minecraft clones, pixelated I'm so retro platformers, RPG Maker games, things that aren't actually games, random iOS games and people not understanding what the hell this is and submitting games they just want to buy on Steam (someone put up Condemned: Criminal Origins with a bunch of screenshots with watermarks from IGN).

There are some decent looking things on here though (Project Zomboid is up there and something I think was called Dream looked very pretty) and I didn't expect much in the initial flood. Now we get to experience all the crap that Valve previously had to vet in private. I'm having a good laugh off a few of them.

Edit: Bunch of Source mods going up to. Are they trying to convince Valve to put mods on Steam again (did they ever do another batch after the initial six?) They'd probably be better off trying to promote people to use Desura.

Back