steam-haters unite

CptStern said:
I'd be willing to bet he's not mexican ..actually he probably has more in common with you ..oh and must I remind you not to use rascist stereotypes? it's in the rules

Did you miss the entire "kidding" part?

thought you said you were different
Was that what I heard you say?
Said that you'd love only me
Thought that you'd be all I need (what?)
What happened to promises?
Said that you were a better man
Your words have no way with me
Cause you're counterfeit, I see

Absinthe said:
Did you miss the entire "kidding" part?

nope I read that part ...but he did post a pic which shows what lengths some people will go to to be free ...the condescending comment negated his "just kidding" statement

CptStern said:
nope I read that part ...but he did post a pic which shows what lengths some people will go to to be free ...the condescending comment negated his "just kidding" statement

I really wouldn't get hung up on it too much. The pic was humorous (at least to me), and this is the internet.

doesnt mean we have free reign to make fun of people or their situation ...I'm sure the guy in the pic didnt think it was funny

but you're right no big deal ... just didnt like their tone.

-steam-haters unite-

Yes, come comrades! Unite...Here! Yes, right about this pit of fire...thats right, the wooden bridge thats falling apart. The one with weak ropes holding it up, which could burn or be cut at any time.

CptStern said:

It certainly wasn't meant to be condescending, but if you don't find it in any way amusing, take it as an example in how difficult it is to broadcast sarcasm over the internet.

BTW, if you or any other members of the board were actually seriously offended by this, I apologise.

Mediocrity said:
It certainly wasn't meant to be condescending, but if you don't find it in any way amusing, take it as an example in how difficult it is to broadcast sarcasm over the internet.

BTW, if you or any other members of the board were actually seriously offended by this, I apologise.

why that's very nice of you ...I was more insulted by illegal amigo than by you... I just wanted to point out that your pic was supporting his stereotypical view of illegal aliens

it wasnt that big of a deal, sorry to cause such a ruckus

I like steam, of course the early versions had lots of bugs in, but that goes for anything. Hell, Firefox 0.9 was damn buggy, but I still use it, because it's a clever concept that's been well executed. Steam is the first program of its kind and so it's hitting all the bumps that always hit the forerunners.

Back