Steam Holiday Sale Begins

I wish it changed at 11 or 12, I get anxious waiting for the next sale in the morning. How sad.

I'm a sucker for Puzzle Quest games when I feel like I want me some casual gaming and the polynomial looks interesting

Very tempted on Bioshock 2 and The Witcher, also the new Tomb Raider game is quite a bit of fun, if the demo is any sort of indicator. Hmm...

I should probably buy New Vegas while Beth games are on sale, eh? If I enjoy Fallout 3 - will I derive the same kind of fun from NV?

I got a lot more fun from NV than FO3.

cheapassgames.jpg

YEAH....BOY!

Got Super Meat Boy. Fun little game but it's quite challenging. The music is very catchy.

I was thinking of getting the Oddbox but i hear that Munch's Oddysee and Stranger's Wrath are horrible ports.

Edit: Not a Steam sale per se but have a gander anyway.
http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy

Got Super Meat Boy and Battlefield Bad Company 2 + Vietnam. Something to tide me over for a while.

just bought oblivion GOTY deluxe edition and bioshock 2, 30 bucks total

if i didn't have half of those all ready....

but still great deals. i may have to gift a few to some friends...and one of my friends who has his entire family in Pakistan that play on his account too :D

Is Assassins Creed 2 worth getting?

I'd say so. The only reason I'm not picking it up is that it's on my wishlist.

Pretty boring since the first day. All I've gotten is AvP and the Polynomial.

Playing AC2 on 360 in 1080p right now. I really think it's one of the best games of this gen. The story is actually worth a shit and the gameplay and graphics are ****ing breathtaking. Can't wait to play Brotherhood after.

I'd say so. The only reason I'm not picking it up is that it's on my wishlist.

Pretty boring since the first day. All I've gotten is AvP and the Polynomial.

I hear that you must play the first one in order to understand anything. But I also hear the first one is boring as hell. I wonder if I could just read the AC1 wiki and be good, heh.

Bought JC2 and Bully. Was considering Reccetear but then remembered I didn't much care for the demo.

I hear that you must play the first one in order to understand anything. But I also hear the first one is boring as hell. I wonder if I could just read the AC1 wiki and be good, heh.

Well, personally, I hated the AC1 storyline, though I enjoyed the game. And I'm pretty sure AC2 follows the same story, so I'd probably hate it as well. So my opinion is of little consequence?

Theres hardly any story in AC1, so yeah, your opinion is of quite little consequence.

But the first one is kinda a shit game, so I'd just read a summary of the first one. It'll take you all of two minutes for how much was in it. Altair's story is hardly referenced at all, and thats most of what the first game focused on.

I'm referring to the
"You're genetically time travelling" plot in general.

I'm fairly certain that's continued throughout all the games, which is why I only want to get AC2 for the excellent gameplay. I'm well aware that the AC2 setting is in another time and place completely, but as long as I'm periodically pulled out of the game for that pointless plot, I'm not going to enjoy that game's story.

Caved and bought the spore pack, well worth it - quite a bit of fun if only for the creature creator and all the new features they've added in the packs. Gee golly whiz I'll surely be broke by the end of this - hell, in debt. Already picked up The Witcher, Spore, and Just Cause. Can't wait to see tomorrow's stuffs.

Now that Spore has no DRM whatsoever I'm more than willing to pay this price. Now... if they'd only put Mass Effect 2 and New Vegas as daily deals :}

JUST CAUSE 2 IS AMAZING WHY DIDN'T I BUY THIS BEFORE?

Trials 2 any good? Not a big fan of perfectionist games

Dead Rising 2 is half price. Wish I could afford it.

these are some good deals today :)

getting myself Deathspank

I got Bully. Wish I didn't already have Mass effect 2.

I bought Mass Effect 2, Deathspank and Operation Flashpoint. I still love cheap games :D

and i have ME2 on Xbox but I have a feeling I'm gunna want to play it again someday on my PC to give it a whirl

Damnit, I got Alpha Protocol at the wrong time for my Santee. Should have waited for these deals.
Ffs.

Ah **** that shit! I bought that for mine aswell. Ah well...

Just an suggestion, but couldn't those who's SS bought them gifts, recive them? Granted that they have in turn sent their gifts aswell, so they don't take of or anything. That way, whoever I bought gifts for, whouldn't have to wait and maybe miss out on a game on his/her list becouse of fear that I bought it already?

For those that don't know Blur and Darksiders are fantastic.

Grabbed those up as well as Mass Effect 2, which I figured would make the daily deals. Tempted on Dead Rising 2 but those games get tiresome for me very quickly.

How is Risen, any hl2.netter RPG fans play it yet?

edit: oops, sry, double post

OH THAT IS ****ING BULLSHIT!

On the day I bought my stuff... my brother also bought Darksiders because he wanted it. It was 33% off, and we figured it wouldn't get any lower.

But nope... today they have it at 75% off... $10.00 vs the $26.89 or whatever it was he paid.

Pisses me off!

Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world...

More like... Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely buying the game thinking it was on sale before it was really on sale!

OH THAT IS ****ING BULLSHIT!

On the day I bought my stuff... my brother also bought Darksiders because he wanted it. It was 33% off, and we figured it wouldn't get any lower.

But nope... today they have it at 75% off... $10.00 vs the $26.89 or whatever it was he paid.Pisses me off!

I don't see why so many people are complaining about this sort of thing. You are no stranger to Steam sales, they do this every year; so why would you assume a game wouldn't get any cheaper when there is still over a week of sales going on? :|

Back