Steam is currently experiencing network outages.

Sub_Lon

Reaction score
Steam is currently experiencing network outages. The Forums are offline during this time.

Maybe they should opt for that extra bandwidth? I tried connecting to Steam this morning before work, unsuccessfully. This is just from the CS:S beta, imagine how bad Steam is going to shit when HL2 is released.

It looked like either a hardware failure or a ddos attack at the time. They should be arriving at work sometime soon so I'm sure more details will surface.

MoJo|Night said:
It looked like either a hardware failure or a ddos attack at the time. They should be arriving at work sometime soon so I'm sure more details will surface.

*Valve Employees Arrive at Work*
Gabe: Ah Cliffe, I bet you're eager to finally get all those kids off your back and release that CS:Source, huh?

Cliffe: Yup, lets go release that.

*They turn on the computers*

Gabe: What'd you break?

Cliffe: What'd YOU break?

*They turn around*.....*Servers steaming*

Gabe: Ok When I titled the program STEAM it wasn't suppose to make things Steam, Cliffe.

Cliffe: Hey don't look at me I'm not the server guy..wait...am I?

*Servers spark...and go completely out*

Cliffe: Erm, what was the release day for Beta again? September 15th?

Gabe: Yeeeaaaa... thats it!

Cliffe: Yeaa... thought so.

I allow and encourage anyone that is great with making online comic strips to turn my previous post into a comic strip. It flows comic strip style quite nicely! :LOL:

That's pretty funny, I was about to suggest a flash. Maybe you can get Fragmaster to do it? :)

Normally, when STEAM has problems like this, its usually for patch updates and then when they are back up, you can download the patch.

They could be "down" because they are unlocking CS:S.

Please, next time, use the S-E-A-R-C-H tool. I know I've seen three of the same threads like these.

TST_Devgru Seal said:
Normally, when STEAM has problems like this, its usually for patch updates and then when they are back up, you can download the patch.

They could be "down" because they are unlocking CS:S.

Please, next time, use the S-E-A-R-C-H tool. I know I've seen three of the same threads like these.

Umm, how about "No". How about if you don't want to read it, then take out your magic marker, and mark out any sections on your monitor that are redundant threads. Then insert said marker directly into your ass. PWNT

As for everybody else, thanks for discussing this. :) LOL@ undeniable's script!

*EDIT* I think I'll start a thread to find out when exactly CS:S will be activated....

Sub_Lon said:
Umm, how about "No". How about if you don't want to read it, then take out your magic marker, and mark out any sections on your monitor that are redundant threads. Then insert said marker directly into your ass. PWNT

As for everybody else, thanks for discussing this. :) LOL@ undeniable's script!

*EDIT* I think I'll start a thread to find out when exactly CS:S will be activated....

There are too many threads about that. Use the search tool you big oaf.

I just love a post that says, "OOH OMG PWNT"

NOT. Don't start flame wars around here, and I won't either. This coming from a nearly-new member..thats not a good sign.

Some people just never learned any manners.

Also, I'm sure 200 other members will aggree that you should use the search tool. I'm just trying to keep you from getting fussed at and flamed at by anyone else. But nooo..

TST_Devgru Seal said:
There are too many threads about that. Use the search tool you big oaf.

I just love a post that says, "OOH OMG PWNT"

NOT. Don't start flame wars around here, and I won't either. This coming from a nearly-new member..thats not a good sign.

Some people just never learned any manners.

Also, I'm sure 200 other members will aggree that you should use the search tool. I'm just trying to keep you from getting fussed at and flamed at by anyone else. But nooo..
its a fact that most people just instinctively ignore the search feature. it is something that one must live with.

There are enough people ruining threads by trying to be moderators. And they seem to think that by posting useless things like "This has been discussed before" or "Old" that they're actually helping things. Just let me make my thread, ask my question, without little police everywhere enforcing their nettiquette on me. This thread already has gone the way of bickering vice discussing.
Really, I'm not an ass. I'm just sick of the woderrators (heh.. wodderators... get it?) and general thread-ruiners.

*EDIT*
I'm not trying to flame you specifically TST, you actually had some input before the search statement, sorry bout the whole "marker in your ass" thing...

Were you being funny? Wodderators? Its not funny.

I'm just trying to be realistic. I live in the real world. I don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned now, you can go climb a tree and play with some bird shit.

TST_Devgru Seal said:
Were you being funny? Wodderators? Its not funny.

I'm just trying to be realistic. I live in the real world. I don't know about you, but as far as I'm concerned now, you can go climb a tree and play with some bird shit.

so much for not trying to flame eh?
you = :flame: 'er

Let's end this random hostility, and rejoyce in the fact that source will infact PWN

Langb0t said:
Let's end this random hostility, and rejoyce in the fact that source will infact PWN
sauce will be leetsauce like pizza sauce!

man they should hav enamed it sauce, not source :(

Cut the flaming guys - it really isn't appropriate.

This thread is fine, any hostility is unjustified.

yeah tensions rise when cs source beta isn't currently being unlocked. The vague time reference 3 A.M. - 7 P.M. for the 18th is the likely cause. Most people are going to have to look hourly to find out when its been unlocked, which is inconvient.

yeah i dislike having to restart steam every half hour. But if I don't like it I can watch a movie or something to kill time so, I suggest everyone do that. I suggest picking up Kill Bill Vol. 2 at your local dvd retail store, I know I did and I'm all smiles for it ! :thumbs:

Ha network outages... the real reason why the forum is offline, is to prevent 1345642132435443243243243511 cs:s hungry people from starting "OMG RELEASE THA GAME GODAMIT" threads.

it was pure hell being on the forums 6 hours before the preload release, how do you think it would be now before the release of the game

Well it's just after 3pm here (NC EST) and I think the majority believes it will be out at 3pm PST(?) so that would mean we have 3 more hours to wait? Really I have no clue.

Well goes to show, most of these people here haven't been on the forums for more then a month. They just seem to show up right when something good happens.

TheOriginalEvil said:
Well goes to show, most of these people here haven't been on the forums for more then a month. They just seem to show up right when something good happens.

Yeah and thats the idea, why else would I want to be active on a forum when nothing is going to be released or as highly anticipated as this is. Because I have better things to do thats right, but for today its activation day.

lord finesse said:
Yeah and thats the idea, why else would I want to be active on a forum when nothing is going to be released or as highly anticipated as this is. Because I have better things to do thats right, but for today its activation day.

Owned! my thoughts exactly. "Don't talk unless you have wasted at LEAST 6 months on these forums! Derrrrrrr."

TheOriginalEvil said:

Dont hate!

Whatever, Whatever, I do what I want

It's a ddos attack from Russia. There's a thread on hl2fallout about it. I'm too lazy to post a link.

YourMom said:
It's a ddos attack from Russia. There's a thread on hl2fallout about it. I'm too lazy to post a link.
lol, so... all today, Valve's been getting some lovin' from "mothzah Ruzzsha?"

EDIT: unless you post a link I am not believing you, as I am not finding one thing today bout something like that. Lies.

t3chn0r said:
This Steam downtime is starting to worry me... :(

And for the fact that russian hackers are probably as relentless as russian WWII troops. Thats sort of the whole Mother Russia, honor thing they got going there. :hmph:

lord finesse said:
And for the fact that russian hackers are probably as relentless as russian WWII troops. Thats sort of the whole Mother Russia, honor thing they got going there. :hmph:
yeah. well. i read the whole thing about it. it is rather silly, since steam IS back online. the only thing their doing is being annoying.

I can just see it now lol..

A few hours from now Gabe Newell will issue a press release stating that because of the attacks on the Steam network earlier today, they're going to have to delay the opening of CS:Source for at least another week (read: month).

I mean, considering how they tried to use last year's hackers as scapegoats for why HL2 wasn't anywhere near done, I wouldn't be suprised...

..but then again (for those few dense ones out there: ) this was all just for shits 'n giggles. no need to start :sniper: :flame:

^^that

Back