Steam is downloading Halflife2 movie now

erm...yes....I already have the first video...and steam now says it is downloading halflife2 movie content

So there.

HalfAsleep

I also have the first one, and it is downloading something.

Well....whatever...all i know is that steam is downloading at a steady rate of about 100k, and I already have the first movie.

Believe what you will...but I hope the traffic is the next movie.

HalfAsleep

mine did that too last night, but nothing happened after it finished

Here is pic

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 471
Yeah, I check mine, it was DLing HL2 media and TFC updates. No new media, so not sure why the update.

i cant confirm this..but i think thats the worst quality pic ever anywhere on the internet.

What can I say, it says that it is downloading hl2 media...we can only hope.

HalfAsleep

wow. I don't think i've ever seen a jpg compressed so... agressively.

Lol..a little eager with jpg compression there...ill send a better one

Well.. something is downloading in the monitor section, and I do already have the gcache file.. so let's hope for the best.

Cool, you are european too <---Sorry, Off Topic

Strange...i haven't anything

Originally posted by Tyl3n0L
that's right , hes donwloading the first one... gj

I have the first one, and it's still doing something.

it's a steam bug .. or steam is finishing the cache file ( 400mb ) ... it wil stop in 10mins or so

It either downloading the 400 mb cache or some other stuff

cache file? then what is it putting in the cache file? The cache file exists to reserve room on the harddrive, there's no need to download anything for the cache file.

Originally posted by Kotik
Really mystic thing happens at steam.

You're damn right.. it's supposedly finished downloading, yet nothing's updated in my steam folder. Hm.

Mine does cool stuff all the time.

Attachments

• omg.jpg
    omg.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 349
Does anyone know how Steam actually works? Valve has said there are no P2P aspects of it in use yet. Here's an idea though, maybe they're pushing the movie out to people in advance, on a staggered schedule so it uses less of their bandwidth. Then, when the movie is 'released', it will instantly appear for those people.

Abom|nation, let us know what happens for you when the next movie comes out, if it goes out and downloads it like normal, or if it suddenly appears in your Steam folder.

Back