Steam to be released tonight Sept 11.. confirmed..

#steam-release says that it will be released at 4 am eastern time, i have no idea where they got the info though

"We're working right now on finalizing the Steam Client, and will be releasing it soon."- Steam

As in Tonight.

no IRC channel is official for release times, im sorry to say. They are official TECH SUPPORT channels.

Also the dude says he talked to someone from Valve that he has on his ICQ list... :/

Steam isn't out yet? I just got back off early from work to sit down and download it and it's still not out? Delays.. first videos, now Steam, next Half Life2... I no longer trust anything Valve says! :D

Ok, let's look on the bright side: at least they didn't say "When it's done"

Well im staying up till 12 tonight pst :p then is bed, and ill wait until after my classes to dl.. if its out

Ok it's 08AM here in Eastern Europe, that means it's about 11PM over there. You've got 1 hour guys!!! I'm COUNTING on you!!! (and I say this with vigor, and a little grrr in my voice, like Jack Nickolson in 'THe Shining'.)

This is EricJ from #steam-hangout:

<Dante> Steam will be released at midnight PDT (45 minutes).
<Dante> Given how late it is and the hours we've been working, I think I do in fact have PMS.

By the way, that would make it a 3am EST release time, midnight PST, 8am GMT.

edit:
Dante is [email protected] * Erik Johnson
Valve Software ELI-1737-2071731760 (NET-207-173-176-0-1) 207.173.176.0 - 207.173.179.255

<Vash63> so, Erik, are the servers ready for the huge amount of people that are going to be attacking them in an hour?
<Dante> Vash63 - Things are definately going to get a bit slow. The best advice from me is to have 1.5 installed so you convert most of it over.

1.0 is out and has BEEN out for like 30 minutes. You should really browse other threads on this forum.

Yeah you can do all sorts of things! Like not play your Half-Life 2 movies! And launch your favorite Half-Life mods from within Steam! Whoopee!!!!

Back