Steam Update

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
"System Maintenance" is today's Steam update. What exactly does that mean? Nobody knows... But you have no choice but to download and install the update. To do so, simply restart your Steam client just like we practiced.[br]

Steam Community for sure.

Oh god it's the end of the world!

Hide the children! Lock your doors! Call your mother!

Maybe just getting stuff ready - is it a big update?

Yeah, it must be the community update.

Although, it does say "The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted."

Oh dear. And I have to wait till Thursday to see the change.

BOOOOOO.

Smash: All about the overly elaborate news images (for even the most mundane updates) since 2006(?)!

;)

The winui.gcf was updated, I looked around in it, didn't really see anything "new"...Who knows what was in the update lol.

I'm actually really curious. I got it updated right before I headed to work, but didn't have time to check.. I hope it's the Steam Community.

V-Man's idea

I'm pretty sure this is for the community.

I'm so not used to people putting a "reply title" in. D;

Lawl.

What/where is this image from:
1185528296_update.jpg

?

Or is it just something that was made for placing in news posts about Steam?

What/where is this image from:
1185528296_update.jpg

?

Or is it just something that was made for placing in news posts about Steam?
Its cool, it looks sort of Appleish.

I'm excited to see what Community is like.

Remember, people. They aren't releasing a final Steam Community - it's a beta. The changes probably won't automatically show up. Valve is going to have to tell us what to put in the exec to make it show up.

At least, that's my theory.

Remember, people. They aren't releasing a final Steam Community - it's a beta. The changes probably won't automatically show up. Valve is going to have to tell us what to put in the exec to make it show up.

At least, that's my theory.

You do realize that you no longer have to manually edit the exe anymore to get beta's, right?

Go to Steam -> Settings and there's a Beta Participation area.

Also, watch this page because it will have details on the update when it's out.
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Main_Page

I'm pretty sure they will release it Monday. Preparing for it today by releasing this, and then on Monday they can do a final check, make sure no Steam clients are throwing up because of this update, and activate the beta code.

Or who knows, it may just be a maintenance and absolutely nothing exciting :cheese:

Hmm, interesting... what's ClickAndBuy Beta, thou? Well, it sounds like obvious, but Steam store is pretty "click and buy" easy to begin with

Or maybe its a new vac update! they just don't want to say! (in case of massive banning for no reason):imu:

yeah idk, just seems they do this all the time. They try to fix something that is working <.>

In case we see anything come out over the next few days can peeps add me as a Steam friend - evo_hl2net

Yeah. Completely forgot about that feature - considering I don't care for the current option.

If anything, then, it's probably preload-esque. The bulk of the content - but not actually enabled.

I haven't updated yet :( And I'm going away for 2 weeks soon, so I'll probably miss the steam community update.

Back