Steam Update

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Another update was released today, with fixes for HL2, HL2DM, and Source Dedicated Server!
Half-Life 2[br]
Solved disc in drive incompatibility error by removing Securom disc check routine[br]
[br]
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch[br]
Fixed players entering the game with a score of -1[br]
Fixed combine ball tracking teammates[br]
Fixed not being able to grab level designer placed combine balls with the physics cannon[br]
Fixed players randomly spawning without physcannons[br]
Fixed multishot pistol exploit[br]
Fixed wrong footstep sounds while in team mode[br]
Fixed last RPG shot not tracking[br]
Added cl_defaultweapon -- defaults to weapon_physcannon but can be changed to any other weapon you spawn with[br]
Added HUD string to print team name[br]
Added model specific death sounds[br]
Switching to the physcannon is now instantaneous[br]
Toned down 357 damage[br]
Updated dm_overwatch[br]
[br]
Source Dedicated Server[br]
Fixed "failed to load server.dll" error with 3rd party mods[br]
Fixed linux dedicated server crash on some GLIBC versions[br]
Fixed dedicated server error in certain localized languages.
[br]Restart Steam to grab it now!

coolies.. no fixes for the SDK like access to all stuff then? :( oh well.

No! The pistol exploit was so fun in Single player. :( But everything else = good. :D

This update killed my steam, now I cant play anything, thx valve.
How do I fix this now?
Thx Valve...

Attachments

• debug.JPG
    debug.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 602
wtf are you talking about? I didnt break anything you dolt, everything was fine before the new patch, I go to load steam and it didnt load and i get errors, Im not the only 1 this has happened to, read around and you will see.

so tell me those who have had a chance to play it, is the 'improved' magnum enough to make up for the loss of the pistol bug?

im hoping it still does a one-shot kill, but only in the centre of the torso and head, not in arms legs etc

DiSTuRbEd said:
You broke it, learn how to fix it.

That was pretty low. He didn't develope the patch.

Try asking at the Steam forums tombombman. Not that you're going to get flamed any less, however, someone might be more prone to help you.

Does this mean i can play hl2 without the cd in the drive, or is the fix for some other error people had?

bi0_gauss said:
it does 75 dmg to the body and 130 to the head i think
And bi0's kill-death ratio will suddenly drop after this update. :p

j/k

oldagerocker said:
Does this mean i can play hl2 without the cd in the drive, or is the fix for some other error people had?
Yup, just tried it, it doesn't ask for the CD anymore. I can finally take the CD out of the drive and put the box away. :D

Is it just me or are the maps a lot brighter now?

Perhaps they should add rapid fire as the pistol's secondary mode, as in HLDM.

spot on!!

With the no-cd I finally have a perfect install of HL2 :] Nice one Valve!

tombombman said:
This update killed my steam, now I cant play anything, thx valve.
How do I fix this now?
Thx Valve...

*points and laughs

this fixed tons for me, thanks alot :cheers:

YAY! NO CD MAKE ME HAPPY!

Now I can finally do something....:D

No CD is great, but the damn game still freezes/kicks on some autosaves. Just a second ago it did it and even Steam produced an error and had to shut down. :|

thank god for ridding that uberfast pistol. that pissed me off to no end. At first I thought It was just lag, and a bunch of shots at me were catching up to realtime or whatever, but it was assholes already manipulating flaws in the game.

diluted said:
Yup, just tried it, it doesn't ask for the CD anymore. I can finally take the CD out of the drive and put the box away. :D

yay!!
this makes me a happy camper :)

wow, i email Gabe askin if there's any plans for a NoCD patch and it comes.....so next must the a proper fix for the sound stuttering! ;)

*crosses fingers

ohhh noes...no more pistol whippin noobs and 20 kill magnum sprees....oh well at least now it gives everyone fair advantage...yay now i can actually have fun;)

Switching to the physcannon is now instantaneous

I think that's one of the most substantial changes. Expect to see people die from flying objects far less, when switching to the gravity gun to catch objects comes down to reaction speed.

Toned down 357 damage

The 1st thing EVER in the history of valve that i disliked. The noobs have won!

I really applaud how Valve is handling HL2DM support by fixing known glitches so rapidly, and I guess you can't really blame them for not having enough resources to work on CS:S and HL2DM at the same time, but I really wonder if Valve cares or not on the status of CS:S.

CS:S can really make or break HL2 in terms of popularity if they can just fix the simple yet disruptive bugs in the game. I really hope the issue is simply lack of employees, and that Valve is only focusing on 1 thing at a time.

Here's to hope! :cheers:

I love some of these changes. Quick draw for the grav gun is incredibly useful. Now all we have to fix is the bizarre weapon autoswitch priority. I'm tired of accidentally picking up someone's (less powerful/appropriate) weapon. Especially if its ammo is spent and I have to reload it. In the middle of a firefight.

But that's for later. I could be happy as things stand.

Yhanks Valve, especially for the no CD, less 357 damage and RPG guide fix

Back