steampowered.com=fubar?

uh, well they dont need to take the site offline to update it, in iis it only says that if 1.) there is no website created for that address, in this case www.steampowered.com or 2.) if you right click the site and choose to kill it....which you dont need to do to update...

Originally posted by Xtasy0
uh, well they dont need to take the site offline to update it, in iis it only says that if 1.) there is no website created for that address, in this case www.steampowered.com or 2.) if you right click the site and choose to kill it....which you dont need to do to update...

actually they probably do people flooding there site while they update could cause an overload...

lol.
I imagine someone from VALVe bringing his kid to work, telling not to touch anything.
2 minutes later: Oops dad, why is there a white screen? whats iis?

Originally posted by alb1221
actually they probably do people flooding there site while they update could cause an overload...

people are still sending requests to the same ip, its not like they redirected the dns entries or anything, the www server is still getting shitloads of requests.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
people are still sending requests to the same ip, its not like they redirected the dns entries or anything, the www server is still getting shitloads of requests.

ok maybe they are haveing issues.... im scared :x

so... i bet some 1337 nvidia haxx0r is doing satotage to get hl2 to be delayed!

and now theres not even a connection to the server happening, i think they unplugged it, or disabled the network, heh.

I can get to steampowered.com, but not anywhere else, I guess it's partially working

.... no steam today I guess.. what a bunch of BS this is starting to be.. Probably won't be up til HL2 is officially delayed.

Originally posted by DaLys
"The site www.steampowered.com is running Microsoft-IIS/5.0 on Windows 2000."
No wonder the site is unstable. :rolleyes:

It can't be a DOS attack then if they are using Windows.

(Ha ha, I'm so witty)

well, the site is back, nothing has changed, still no download locations.

0MG T3H HAX0RS! :p

I doubt it though theyve probarbly just taken it down becuse so many people were refreshing it. I guess itll come out somewhere today [US time] but ill be in bed by then so heres hopeing it'll be there in the morning.

I don't think there is a hacking attemp at all, the popularity of the file is DOSing the server all by it's self. cs1.6 beta launch day anyone?

Originally posted by groovy
whats iis?

Internet Information Server.

its a server that comes with microsoft server os's (and xp pro...which really isnt a server os, but oh well)

Re: Re: Re: steampowered.com=fubar?

Originally posted by RabidMeatloaf
You love l33t-speech, don't you?? :p:cheers:

steamzorz isn't leet speak

+|-|15 5|-|1+ 15!

This Shiot is.

Back