Still downloading the media? This screenshot should hold you over.

omlette

Reaction score
gman.bmp

:bounce:

Uh oh, he's got jaggies on his right ear. I'm disappointed.

j/k

No, you would be able to use AA, it shouldn't make it unplayable. They are just trying to show how detailed the models are, it's harder to see with AA on.

His jacket has displacement bump mapping, and it looks so real! Like real material! its sweet!

Why is this thing taking so long to download? And why doesn't Steam have a progress bar?

Originally posted by Mountain Man
Why is this thing taking so long to download? And why doesn't Steam have a progress bar?

It does have a progress bar.

Originally posted by Rabid Llama
.bmps are bad, mmkay? :p

I wanted the quality to be exact. I cropped a ton in order to keep the file size down.

I wanted the quality to be exact. I cropped a ton in order to keep the file size down.
and you did a nice job... however Jager is using 40kb jpgs, and they look almost perfect

When you double click on the HL2 Movies there is a progress bar. (Or maybe it's when you double click on G-Man, I'm not sure).

Never mind 100% realistic CG human characters in movies. We almost have them in games.

we already have true to life still models, its the animation that gives it away as fake.

When you double click on the HL2 Movies there is a progress bar. (Or maybe it's when you double click on G-Man, I'm not sure).
that crap doesn't work..... it has the progress bar but no % and besides it's downloading while that window is saying "Launching..." blah blah

How about .png? Or anything with RLE would have been smaller with no loss in quality...

for an old guy, he sure does have alotta black heads on his nose.

it's weird when you stare into his eyes for a while... they're not centered straight ahead... o_O

Originally posted by synth
it's weird when you stare into his eyes for a while... they're not centered straight ahead... o_O

Yeah thats one of the minor details they put in, I read it in many previews. Real people don't look straight ahead either it turns out.

mine is stuck on preparing to launch and the dots arent moving... i already restarted it too. probably cus of the many people but what should i do?

his suit is amazing

and his eyes.... wow

in the screenshots, the suit looks pretty average, will it be better in the movie? like does the camera/g-man move at all, up/down ?

Originally posted by PSX
his suit is amazing

and his eyes.... wow

in the screenshots, the suit looks pretty average, will it be better in the movie? like does the camera/g-man move at all, up/down ?

Well the suit isn't breathtaking or anything, but they did use a hi-res texture on it so it looks kind of nice.

Back