Still like DM?

I love slams, they are underated and can you get you lots of kills if you put them in the right places (and have intelligent team mates).

RC-73 said:
I love slams, they are underated and can you get you lots of kills if you put them in the right places (and have intelligent team mates).
You can also get more kills by running around the map. But yeah, there are some smart places to put them.
- Gordon

RC-73 said:
I haven't even played Half Life 2, i went straight to HL2 DM ( Am i missing anything?)
You are missing the best FPS singleplayer game to date! I've played through it three times now. It's simply amazing =)

MasterLeviathan said:
Oh well, the only reason I play HL2DM is because it's free and I don't have to deal with the elitists that run amock in CS and HLDM who have had four more years experience than me. I started playing HL2DM a month after it came out, so I was on an equal par with everyone else.

Those are some pretty points though, DoctorWeeTodd. I especially hate the buggies and how players dissapear.

On one note though, there are some pretty good methods on using SLAMS. One I've seen is planting it on the ground and covering it with an object, or to lame them in certain areas that are made hard to get through with the SLAMS.

That's what I do, but in Team Deathmatch idiotic temates tend to set them off, and in regular DM usually theres not enough time to set them up before an enemy comes by and starts whooping you with the crowbar.

I nailed my enemy in dm_steamlab 1 time (was a 1 vs 1 server) as he was going for the SLAMs, I had planted a couple SLAMs in the doorway and he ran right into them.

BeaverMon said:
I nailed my enemy in dm_steamlab 1 time (was a 1 vs 1 server) as he was going for the SLAMs, I had planted a couple SLAMs in the doorway and he ran right into them.

Wait doors are always a good way to hide them if they're included.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Wait doors are always a good way to hide them if they're included.
Yeah, another good place is under water and under bodies.
ComradeBadger said:
I wanna play some of you guys :)
I will second that.
- Gordon

Pincus said:
Yeah, another good place is under water and under bodies.

I will second that.
- Gordon

Yeah, I always walk into them coming out of the water in 2fort.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Yeah, I always walk into them coming out of the water in 2fort.
Yeah, for some wierd reason it doesn't render the red laser under water.

Polar_Bear said:
Get me a server and i'll 1v1 you, or I'll show you some of my tricks. :)
Do you have MSN? Add me if you have MSN, so we can organise a 1v1 muck around some time.
My MSN is: [email protected]
Thanks
- Gordon

DoctorWeeTodd said:
5. No team change feature. Theres team deathmatch yet you can't change teams (or choose them upon entering in fact) while you play. You can add in the code yourself in the cfg file though but not everyone is able to do this and it's counted as a suicide.

Actually, if you just go to options and change your player model to the other team it changes you over... not the most intuitive way to handle it - but it's there.

colblair said:
Actually, if you just go to options and change your player model to the other team it changes you over... not the most intuitive way to handle it - but it's there.

But...you have to exit the server!

Do you have MSN? Add me if you have MSN, so we can organise a 1v1 muck around some time.
My MSN is: [email protected]

Doh! No, but I have a messanger that's MSN//ICQ//AIM//Yahoo all in one, i'll go grab MSN in a few days, going on vacation.

netrex said:
You don't have to leave the server to switch team.

Either myself or my copy must be doing something wrong then. Switching the player model doesn't take effect until either the next round starts or exiting the server.

What works is binding a key in my cfg.

Yes. I have it binded, and I just die and spawn as a member of the other team.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Either myself or my copy must be doing something wrong then. Switching the player model doesn't take effect until either the next round starts or exiting the server.

What works is binding a key in my cfg.
Works fine for me when I do it in the options. If I am alive and I change team I die and the rag-doll model changes to the one I switched to. If I am dead, I just switch teams no worries. I'm not sure what your going on about :smoking:

Polar_Bear said:
Doh! No, but I have a messanger that's MSN//ICQ//AIM//Yahoo all in one, i'll go grab MSN in a few days, going on vacation.
Huh? - "but I have a messanger that's MSN//ICQ//AIM//Yahoo all in one". I am confused :smoking:
- Gordon

Maybe he means Trillian. I think it can handle all those in one go including IRC.

netrex said:
Maybe he means Trillian. I think it can handle all those in one go including IRC.
Yeah, thats what I thought as well.
OFF TOPIC:Anybody played the fear demo, wow, its some crazy shit!
- Gordon

Too busy playing the battlefield demo - after i got wasted contineously in Deathmatch. Remember, Pincus...?

Pincus said:
Yeah, thats what I thought as well.
OFF TOPIC:Anybody played the fear demo, wow, its some crazy shit!
- Gordon
I can't play it. After I see the girl I just freeze up. I startle VERY easy and hate horror movies etc.. (like the Ring), but I'll manage in the end. Gonna buy this game.

Pincus, I've added you to my MSN. Might be a while before I can paly though because I'm in the process of setting up Windows XP

Aim = Evil8324,

Xfire = Evil8324 too.

Add me if you have either of those - I added you to my MSN, and I'll message you later whenever you sign on. :)

Jintor said:
Too busy playing the battlefield demo - after i got wasted contineously in Deathmatch. Remember, Pincus...?
Maybe... I have played you quite a bit the last fortnight.
- Gordon

What servers do you all frequent on?

I usually play on JM's NOOB Server, with fast downloads.(Lots of custom maps, and it doesn't usually frequent with noob's very often. Usually a [GT] member in there and or [VDuS].)

And or [TWC] The Wrecking Crew's public server. I don't like their increased acceleration and such, though.

Polar_Bear said:
What servers do you all frequent on?

I usually play on JM's NOOB Server, with fast downloads.(Lots of custom maps, and it doesn't usually frequent with noob's very often. Usually a [GT] member in there and or [VDuS].)

And or [TWC] The Wrecking Crew's public server. I don't like their increased acceleration and such, though.
Where is that server located and can I have the IP for it? I long for newbie free servers :upstare:

The TWC one is in San Francisco (I don't play there much, and it usually does have plenty of noobs there.)

The IP is: 69.22.140.49:27015

The JM's server is located somewhere in Texas. (I get 100 ping there for some odd reason from Washington, I think it's comcast. :p)

The IP is: 64.156.56.21:27015

Back