Strange answers from Gabe

Originally posted by ReZeroX
dont listen to doom, just look at his name. hes only on these boards to start flame wars. and seriously, there is no such thing as a "mature sense of humor" that would be called an oxymoron.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

;o

You can have a sens eof humor without being a bloody idiot.

There is a reason they have southpark. There is a reason they have Frasier. One comedy show appeals to dickless snotty nose kids, the other to more mature people. Both are comedy, yet most patrons of one show would not enjoy the other. Why? One is immature to an idiodic level, the other is not.

Originally posted by Doom3>hl2
;o

You can have a sens eof humor without being a bloody idiot.

There is a reason they have southpark. There is a reason they have Frasier. One comedy show appeals to dickless snotty nose kids, the other to more mature people. Both are comedy, yet most patrons of one show would not enjoy the other. Why? One is immature to an idiodic level, the other is not.

lmao, you think Frasier is a 'more mature show'? I think you need to be slapped accross the face. I watched that show once, and it was enough to realise the idiocy of their percieved intelligence.....

LOL you're just a stupid kid who doesn't know what a hermephrodite is so you don't get the joke

this guy is just trying to be mature, belittling other shows and jokes: you come off like a dickless snob buddy

and the more intelligent person would actually realize that South Park has a far more developed form of satyrical humor than that show Frasier, I love South Park, and if you'd actually watch more than one single episode, you'd realize it isn't for retarded 12 year olds

yeah, but we're not talking about you, we're talking about Doom>HL :cheers:

He's 12?
'Cause it seems that a lot of 12/13 year olds prefer DooM III over Half-Life 2. My 12 year old friends haven't even heard of Half-Life 2, they're just waiting for DooM III. Not me though.

i hate uninformed pricks, who usually turn out to be mostly 12 year olds

Hey dont dis Frasier
i watch both south park and frasier and find both really funny (but on differnet levels)
but i think that gabes immature answers just shows that he is a big kid, and that he likes to play around with his interviewer.

The man made a joke. He has shown that he has a sense of humor. I think the comment was made more for the shock factor ("OMG HE SAIZ DAT!") and probably to see how many fanboys believe it ("THE GMAN IS A WO-MAN!"). Why is this such a bad thing? Would you prefer he be more like J. P. Morgan was?

... Huh ... hey...?

Wait... Beggining to recall math studies from school... the ">" sign means GREATER THAN! Thus he says Doom is greater than HL... ONO! Destroy the infidel before he infects us with insane computer requirements, lack of scalibility, no substance story line, emotionless NPC's, 4 player max multiplayer, lack of MOD support, and yet another delay!

Quite a surprise to see my thread went from logical converstaion to all out flaming. And Doom III take your "maturity" elsewhere (kind of ironic that he considers himself mature although his name is basically asking for a flame war, and obviously he's done it on purpose).

the guy picked the wrong industry to expect the level of professionalism that he expects, if he wants that, he can go look at inverviews with HMO CEOs

this is the game industry, it has always been laid back, there never really was an air of real professionalism, don't pretend your iD heroes have it, they work in the office with their shoes off and little action figures on their desks

Originally posted by Ghost
The man made a joke. He has shown that he has a sense of humor. I think the comment was made more for the shock factor ("OMG HE SAIZ DAT!") and probably to see how many fanboys believe it ("THE GMAN IS A WO-MAN!"). Why is this such a bad thing? Would you prefer he be more like J. P. Morgan was?

... Huh ... hey...?

Wait... Beggining to recall math studies from school... the ">" sign means GREATER THAN! Thus he says Doom is greater than HL... ONO! Destroy the infidel before he infects us with insane computer requirements, lack of scalibility, no substance story line, emotionless NPC's, 4 player max multiplayer, lack of MOD support, and yet another delay!
Reminds me of Anna Nicole Smith, she's really a he!

we will be able to pick up living persons!!!!! oh , i would like to play online with only a manipulator :bounce:
i was also wondering if we used multiple manipulators at one object that the power would increase

Don't you mean people? Not person's'.
Anyways, I think Gabe already said that that the person would have to be dead to do that.

people, persons whatever my english isn't perfect.
Gabe didn't really confirm that you could pick up living people/persons
but he did confirm that you could pick up " alive objects"

Hoaxer: As we know manipulator weapon allows us to pick up not to heavy objects. Will it be possible to use it on... birds for example? Or it can't pick up "alive" objects?

Gabe Newell: Sure.

Would be funny if he did actually turn out to be a hermaphrodite.

Gabe 1 - fans 0

I see nothing wrong with Gabe's sense of humor - it's healthy to not take things too seriously, and the Valve guys have been hard at work for years now, at least let them have their fun, teasing us with old media and little information, and joking around when we ask about something they're keeping a surprise - they're going to have enough aces up their sleeves to completely blow us away when HL2 comes out.

And Doom3>HL2's comment that Gabe's jokes don't make him feel any more 'comfortable' with the game - the opposite should be true - they are obviously confident enough that their product will blow us away that they don't need to try to convince us it's good. They know we want it, and they know it'll blow us away when we buy it.

You need to lighten up a bit - don't get too caught up on how 'mature' things are - by doing so, you're acting immaturely yourself.

And you won't win yourself many friends around here with a name and avatar that clearly declares your allegiance as a doom3 fanboy. :cheese:

Originally posted by Doobz
this guy is just trying to be mature, belittling other shows and jokes: you come off like a dickless snob buddy

and the more intelligent person would actually realize that South Park has a far more developed form of satyrical humor than that show Frasier, I love South Park, and if you'd actually watch more than one single episode, you'd realize it isn't for retarded 12 year olds

I watch it sometimes for the political comedy..

southpark is an extremely iltellegent show most of the time, with lots of satire about society

Originally posted by Tredoslop
Don't you mean people? Not person's'.
Anyways, I think Gabe already said that that the person would have to be dead to do that.

Persons is formal.

Like "No persons are permitted to urinate in the swimming pool"

Maybe fanboy is pissed because HE is actually a hermaphrodite! *cue dramatic music* duh duh duuuuh.... For being so smart, man, you sure have a lot of grammatical errors and poor use of phrase in your posts. You sound like a twelve-year-old brat that picked up a dictionary. I happen to like South Park quite a bit. I still watch it, and the way they poke fun at issues is smart AND funny. I still watch South Park. I stopped watching Frasier a long time ago.

Back